News Briefs

0
34

Central Topeka house fire set intentionally

According to an article on wibw.com, authorities told 13 News that firefighters and emergency teams responded to a house fire at a home in the 1100 block of SW Woodward Avenue in central Topeka at approximately 8:45 p.m. Thursday.

In order to eliminate the threat of the large fire spreading to other homes, firefighters had to perform an “aggressive attack” on the flames.

No occupants were found inside the house upon a search conducted by firefighters. No injuries of civilians or members of response teams were reported.

Preliminary investigations suggest that the fire was set intentionally.

Kansas man critically injured as result of shooting

According to Wichita Police Sgt. Matt Lang, a person reported that their neighbor was shot at approximately 10:30 p.m. Thursday, the Kansas City Star reported.

When police arrived at the reported residence, Lang said they discovered a man with numerous gunshot wounds.

The victim was believed to be in his early 20s, and was taken to Via Christi Hospital St. Francis where he went into surgery.

No arrests have been made in this case. Investigations will continue.

Kansas hospital goes into lockdown due to threats

The Hamilton County Hospital in Syracuse went into a lockdown at around 3 p.m. on Thursday due to a call from an anonymous man in Oakley, Kansas, who threatened hospital staff.

According to Oakley authorities, no arrests have been made in connection to the threats, the Syracuse Journal reported.

Danielle Cook
Hey there! I'm Danielle Cook. I'm currently a freshman in journalism and mass communications. I live for telling true stories, so I hope to be doing it for the rest of my life. Luckily, I also live for late nights and early mornings – as long as there's coffee and I'm in good company.