#Hashtag: Fetty Wap injured in motorcycle accident, fans take to Twitter in support

0
109

According to an article by Rolling Stone, it was reported by TMZ that rapper Fetty Wap had a head-on collision with another vehicle while riding his motorcycle in his hometown, Paterson, N.J. Saturday afternoon.

Later that day, Fetty Wap’s management released a statement on the matter to Rolling Stone, which read:

“Fetty Wap was involved in a motorcycle incident earlier today. He was treated at a local hospital and is in stable condition. His family wants to thank everyone for their outpouring of love and support. They ask that you respect their privacy during this time. We will provide an update on his condition as it becomes available.”

Since being hospitalized that afternoon, Fetty Wap has received thousands of prayers and well-wishes in the form of tweets, as fans took to Twitter to show their support of and concern for the “Trap Queen” rapper.

Some tweeted in Fetty Wap’s defense after jokes were made that the vehicle collision wouldn’t have occurred if he had two eyes, one of which he lost as a child due to an accident that led to congenital glaucoma.

Hey there! I'm Danielle Cook. I'm currently a freshman in journalism and mass communications. I live for telling true stories, so I hope to be doing it for the rest of my life. Luckily, I also live for late nights and early mornings – as long as there's coffee and I'm in good company.