#Hashtag: Pope Francis secretly meets with Kim Davis

0
55

It is being reported that last week, during his trip to U.S., Pope Francis made a stop on his Washington D.C. leg to visit with Kim Davis and her husband.

This news should not really be a surprise as just last Friday, Francis said (while not explicitly mentioning Davis), “I can say the conscientious objection is a right that is a part of every human right. It is a right. Conscientious objection must enter into every juridical structure because it is a right, a human right.”

According to a statement published on Liberty Counsel, “During the meeting, Pope Francis said, ‘Thank you for your courage.’ Pope Francis also told Kim Davis, ‘Stay strong.’ He held out his hands and asked Kim to pray for him. Kim held his hands and said, ‘I will. Please pray for me,’ and the Pope said he would. The two embraced.”

This news is, unsurprisingly, causing quite the reaction.

Hi, I’m Jonathan. I graduate this December, majoring in Anthropology, with minors in Creative Writing and Political Science. After that … we’ll see. Maybe graduate school in environmental anthropology. Maybe I’ll finally pursue my old childhood dream of becoming an infomercial host. It’s up in the air. Some of my interests and hobbies include devout sports fanaticism, religious study, and composing country songs that serve to explain the unearthly amount of disdain I have for country music. My band’s called Catfish Hurricane, you should check us out. Well, actually, you shouldn’t. I love writing, which is how I accidentally stumbled into this job. This stumbling into good things is my plan for life in general.