Los Angeles prosecutors reviewing case against Bill Cosby

0
1
FILE – In this Friday, Nov. 21, 2014 file photo, comedian Bill Cosby performs at the Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts, in Melbourne, Fla. Los Angeles prosecutors said Thursday, Oct. 1, 2015, that police had presented the results of their investigation into model Chloe Goins’ accusations that Cosby drugged and accosted her in a bedroom of the Playboy Mansion in August 2008. There is no timetable for when prosecutors will determine whether to file a case against the comedian. (AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack, File)

(AP) — Los Angeles prosecutors are reviewing an investigation into a model’s accusations that Bill Cosby sexually abused her at the Playboy Mansion.

District attorney’s spokeswoman Jane Robison says police detectives presented evidence for a possible criminal case Wednesday afternoon.

There’s no timetable for when a decision will be made on whether to charge the comedian, and it is unclear what charges could be filed.

The development was first reported Thursday by the Los Angeles Times.

Model Chloe Goins accused Cosby of drugging her and accosting her in a bedroom of the Playboy Mansion in August 2008, but the comedian’s lawyer has denied the claims, saying his client wasn’t in Los Angeles at the time.

An email seeking comment from Cosby’s attorney, Marty Singer, was not immediately returned.

Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.