K-State leads Oklahoma State 28-20 at halftime

1
137
Senior wide receiver Kody Cook, playing quarterback, passes the ball as Oklahoma State linebacker Jordan Burton goes in for a tackle during the first half of the football game between K-State and Oklahoma State at the Boone Pickens Stadium in Stillwater, Oklahoma on Oct. 3, 2015. (George Walker | The Collegian)

Junior quarterback Joe Hubener was hurt on the first series of the game on a blow to the head. Junior wide receiver Kody Cook led the Wildcats on a touchdown drive keyed by a 17 pass to Deante Burton on 3rd down. From there, Cook scored on a QB keeper to give the Wildcats an early 7-0 lead.

Oklahoma State returned the favor by getting on the board with a 32 yard TD pass from Mason Rudolph to James Washington.

Cook returned to the ballgame as the quarterback and led another drive, this time the highlight was a 27 yard keeper deep into Oklahoma State territory. The drive was capped by four yard touchdown pass from Cook to junior fullback Glenn Gronkowski, the Wildcats led 14-7.

The Cowboys opened up the second quarter with a pass from J.W. Walsh to Jalen McClesky. Junior defensive end Jordan Willis blocked the extra point to keep the Wildcats in the lead at 14-13.

Once again, Cook and the cats had an answer. This time it was Cook connecting with Burton again for a 17 yard strike, extending the Wildcat lead to 21-13.

Into the late stages of the second quarter the Wildcats forced an Oklahoma State fumble giving the Cook led offense a short field. From there, redshirt freshman running back Justin Silmon carried it in from six yards out to give Kansas State a 28-13 lead.

Just before the half, the Cowboys inched a bit closer with a touchdown pass from Rudolph to Marcell Ateman to make it a 28-20.

Kody Cook was 9-11 for 127 yards and two touchdowns through the air. On the ground it was a team effort, Cook gained 58 yards and one score. Justin Silmon added 25 yards on the ground and one score as well.