Spurrier steps down as South Carolina’s “Head Ball Coach”

0
23

After almost 30 years coaching both in both college and the NFL, football icon Steve Spurrier has decided to resign.

“The Head Ball Coach” called it quits on Monday after his South Carolina team fell to 2-4 after a three touchdown loss to LSU on Saturday.

Originally, it was reported that Spurrier was was retiring, but after Spurrier had a press conference, he announced that it was a resignation.

South Carolina offensive coordinator Shawn Elliot will take over the head coach job in the interim.

Spurrier played college ball at the University of Florida where he won the Heismen trophy in 1966.

Spurrier came back to his Alma mater to as the head coach in 1990 and won a National Championship in 1996.

After a failed two season NFL stint with Washington, Spurrier took the head coaching gig at South Carolina where he registered three straight 11 win seasons from 2011-2013.

While Spurrier has been super successful, he might be best know for speaking 100 percent of his mind at press conference and saying very memorable jabs at other teams in the SEC and around the country.

He is also a known Arby’s lover.

Tim Everson was born in Wichita, KS in 1994. Before fifth grade he moved up to Manhattan for one year before settling in Riley, KS where he graduated from Riley County High School in 2012. Tim has worked for the Collegian since spring of 2014 and took over as Sports Editor during the summer of 2015. Tim loves sports, music, movies and good food when he can get it.