Sweeney pleased with Fall finish at Jayhawk Jamboree

0
29

The K-State rowers competed in Lawrence, Kansas on Sunday in the Jayhawk Jamboree.

The Wildcats had five different races and completed its fall season Sunday.

The Novice 8+ race started off the day for K-State, who placed third with a time of 16:28.28.

Next up for K-State was the Varsity 4+, which featured five K-State boats. The highest place for a Wildcat boat in this race was ninth with a time of 17:20.58.

The Novice 4+ race was the third race of the day for K-State. The three Wildcat boats finished in third, fifth and sixth. The third-place boat recorded a time of 18:17.59.

The fourth race of the day for the Wildcats was the Varsity 8+. There were two boats representing K-State in this race, which finished in fifth with a time of 15:23.36 and seventh with a time of 16:02.51.

The final race of the day was the Women’s Varsity 8+ 300M sprints. The Wildcats had two boats competing in these races. The Varsity 8 A boat made the semifinals but lost to Tulsa’s A boat by one second. The boat’s final time in the semifinal was 1:08.08.

Head coach Patrick Sweeney said he was pleased with how the fall portion of the season ended.

“It was a good finish to the fall season,” Sweeney said to K-State Sports. “Now we will starting focusing on preparing for the spring season.”

The next time the K-State rowing team will be in action will be March 5, 2016 when they head to Oklahoma City to take on the Sooners.