#Hashtag: Jim Webb drops out of Democratic primary

0
24

Jim Webb, former Virginia senator, announced he was dropping out of the Democratic primary at a press conference earlier today.

During the press conference, he explained his decision to reporters.

“I fully accept that my views on many issues are not compatible with the power structure and the nominating base of the Democratic Party,” Webb said. “(The current Democratic hierarchy) is not comfortable with many of the policies laid forth, and frankly I am not that comfortable with many of theirs.”

He is, however, apparently considering a run as an Independent instead.

Oh Jim, where did our time with you go? Felt like I only got to know you for … about 10 minutes maybe.

Hi, I’m Jonathan. I graduate this December, majoring in Anthropology, with minors in Creative Writing and Political Science. After that … we’ll see. Maybe graduate school in environmental anthropology. Maybe I’ll finally pursue my old childhood dream of becoming an infomercial host. It’s up in the air. Some of my interests and hobbies include devout sports fanaticism, religious study, and composing country songs that serve to explain the unearthly amount of disdain I have for country music. My band’s called Catfish Hurricane, you should check us out. Well, actually, you shouldn’t. I love writing, which is how I accidentally stumbled into this job. This stumbling into good things is my plan for life in general.