Big 12 Offensive Power Rankings: Week 8

0
47
Oklahoma University running back Samaje Perine runs down the field during the football game between OU and K-State on Oct. 17, 2015 in Bill Snyder Family Stadium. (File Photo by George Walker | The Collegian)

This week’s rankings feature several new faces.

1. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma (unranked)

Samaje Perine finally showcased the performance that so many have been expecting. Perine ran for 201 yards, scoring four touchdowns against Texas Tech for a 63-27 victory over the Red Raiders. This is the fourth time in Perine’s career that he has ran for more the 200 yards and scored at least four touchdowns.

2. Tyrone Swoopes, RB, Texas (unranked)

Tyrone Swoopes single-handedly gave his Longhorns a 23-9 victory over the K-State Wildcats. Swoopes had seven carries for 50 yards and three touchdowns.

3. J.W. Walsh, QB, Oklahoma St. (unranked)

Once Oklahoma State took a substantial lead against the Kansas Jayhawks, backup J.W. Walsh was subbed in and he sure did take advantage of the opportunity. Walsh had one of the most efficient days I’ve seen in a while, completing five of five passes, two for touchdowns, for 68 yards. He also had six carries for 24 yards, scoring three rushing touchdowns.

4. Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor (3)

Coleman makes another appearance on my power rankings, dropping just one spot. He chalked up 85 yards on six catches, including two touchdown receptions. Thus far in the season, he leads the Big 12 with 18 touchdown receptions.

5. Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma (unranked)

Mixon, despite playing alongside a dominant Perine, still bulldozed his way through the Red Raiders’ defense. He managed to rush for 154 yards on 16 attempts for two touchdowns.

6. Shock Linwood, RB, Baylor (unranked)

Shock Linwood, a consistent performer in the Bears’ offense, came through yet again. He ran for 171 yards on 27 carries for a touchdown.

7. Joel Lanning, QB, Iowa St. (unranked)

Joel Lanning replaced the usual starting QB, Sam Richardson, and took full advantage of the opportunity. He completed 12 of his 17 attempted passes for 144 yards, racking up three touchdowns.

8. Quenton Bundrage, WR, Iowa St. (unranked)

Quenton Bundrage, a newcomer to the list, showed out despite a loss to the Baylor Bears. He caught four passes for 69 receiving yards, scoring two touchdowns.

9. Mike Warren, RB, Iowa St. (7)

Mike Warren is one that you should always keep your eye on. He ran for 145 yards on 28 carries in a loss to the Baylor Bears. Despite not scoring, the freshman consistently put the Cyclones in scoring position, moving the ball up the field play by play.

10. DeAndre Washington, RB, Texas Tech (10)

Holding the same position as last week, DeAndre Washington is making waves in the college football world. Washington ran the ball 19 times for 94 yards and a touchdown.