Big 12 Power Rankings: week 9

0
136
Junior defensive back Jesse Mack tackles TCU wide receiver Josh Doctson during the football game between K-State and Texas Christian University on Oct. 10, 2015 in Bill Snyder Family Stadium. (File Photo by George Walker | The Collegian)

1. TCU (5) 7-0

Though the Horned Frogs faced a few challenges this season, it’s clear they are the best team in the Big 12. It should be fun to see them against Baylor, Oklahoma State and OU as we get further into the season.

Next: West Virginia on Oct. 29 at 6:30 p.m.

2. Baylor (2) 7-0

Another week, another beat down. Things have changed now that junior quarterback Seth Russell is out for the season, however. We’ll see how good the Bears are without one of the best signal callers in the country.

Next: Bye week

3. Oklahoma (14) 6-1

Arguably one of the best 6-1 teams in the country right now, the Sooners have gotten it together after falling to Texas a few weeks back. This week they get Kansas, so go ahead and put another “W” in the win column for Oklahoma.

Next: At Kansas on Oct. 31 at 2:30 p.m.

4. Oklahoma State (12) 7-0

In Oklahoma State’s toughest test yet, there will be plenty of points on both sides in this shootout between the Cowboys and Red Raiders.

Next: At Texas Tech on Oct. 31 at 2:30 p.m.

5. Texas (NR) 3-4

Texas has a two-game winning streak in the Big 12. This week should give them a third-straight win as they head to Ames, Iowa to face Iowa State.

Next: At Iowa State on Oct. 31 at 6:00 p.m.

6. Texas Tech (NR) 5-3

Texas Tech is 5-3, which is good, but the Red Raiders are currently 1-3 in the Big 12. Not only does a win here make them bowl eligible, but it keeps the heat off of head coach Kliff Kingsbury for a little while longer.

Next: Oklahoma State on Oct. 31 at 2:30 p.m.

7. West Virginia (NR) 3-3

Another winless team in the Big 12, West Virginia could be in serious danger of missing a bowl if they don’t turn it around. A win at TCU would rock the college football world.

Next: At TCU on Oct. 29 at 6:30 p.m.

8. K-State (NR) 3-4

The Wildcats are in the same exact boat as West Virginia, except they have Baylor next week at home.

Next: Bye week

9. Iowa State (NR) 2-5

After the strange firing of offensive coordinator Mark Mangino, Iowa State’s season is spiraling out of control. A game against Texas this week doesn’t help matters either.

Next: Texas on Oct. 31 at 6:00 p.m.

10. Kansas (NR) 0-7

It may or may not be true that Kansas has taken up rent in the No. 10 spot in the power rankings…

Next: Oklahoma on Oct. 31 at 2:30 p.m.