What to watch: will Fournette’s Heisman hopes survive the Crimson Tide?

0
42
K-State junior defensive back Jesse Mack attempts to tackle Oklahoma University wide receiver Joe Mixon during the football game between OU and K-State on Oct. 17, 2015 in Bill Snyder Family Stadium. (File Photo by George Walker | The Collegian)

Florida State (16) at Clemson (1)

The last time these two played a highly expected game at Clemson, Florida State blew out Clemson on its way to winning the national title. I don’t think that will happen this time around though. People are always worried about Clemson losing a game they shouldn’t lose (aka “Clemsoning”), but this team seems to be different than those in the past.

Kickoff is set for Saturday at 2:30 p.m. on ABC.

TCU (8) at Oklahoma State (14)

This game is on the road against a tough Oklahoma State team. TCU beat West Virginia in a Thursday night affair by a score of 40-10, but the Cowboys are trying to prove that they are real contenders in the Big 12. They are coming off a high-scoring 70-53 victory against Texas Tech.

Basically, the victor of this matchup will probably be jumping up in the college football rankings.

Game time for this game is Saturday at 2:30 p.m. on Fox.

Texas Tech at West Virginia

This game is one I solely chose for the fact that while each of these are high-scoring teams, neither really has a good defense — so you can expect a lot of points to be put up.

Texas Tech lost to Oklahoma State Saturday while scoring 53 points. They gave up 70. While West Virginia does’t have near the offense that Oklahoma State has, they can still put up points with the best of them. I think the Mountaineers will put up more points than they did in their 40-10 loss against TCU. Being at home should help West Virginia against a struggling Texas Tech defense,

Catch kickoff Saturday at 11 a.m. on Fox Sports 1.

LSU (2) at Alabama (4)

Alabama and LSU is the best new rivalry of college football. College GameDay will be in attendance, so everyone knows it will be crazy in Tuscaloosa, Alabama on Saturday.

LSU leans on sophomore running back Leonard Fournette quite a bit with its offense, and Alabama typically does better against run-heavy offenses. It will be interesting to see how that matchup plays out. Alabama and LSU are coming off byes, so both teams should be well rested for this matchup.

You can see this game on Saturday at 7 p.m. on CBS.

Chris Robinson is a junior in mass communications.