What to watch: Championship week

0
31

Alabama (2) at Florida (18)

With a victory, Florida could send the college football world into a frenzy. It would mean that an SEC team would not be in the playoffs, and everyone outside of SEC country would probably be okay with that.

Florida will have to show up big time for this to happen. They are coming off a 2-27 loss at the hands of rival Florida State. Alabama, on the other hand, is coming off a 29-13 win over in-state rival Auburn.

Kickoff for the SEC title game is set 3:00 p.m. Saturday on CBS.

Clemson (1) at North Carolina (8)

North Carolina is a one-loss team as they head into the ACC championship game. They are not getting the same credit, however, as other one-loss teams in the country. They lost the season-opener to a bad South Carolina team and beat two FCS opponents.

They can show what they are made of as they take on Clemson for the ACC title. North Carolina is coming off a 45-34 victory over NC State. Clemson took care of business by beating South Carolina 37-32. They will look to win the ACC title and be the No. 1 seed in the College Football Playoffs.

The kickoff for the ACC title is set for 7:00 p.m. Saturday on ABC.

Iowa (4) at Michigan State (5)

The winner of the Big Ten title game will be in the playoffs. Iowa is trying to prove they belong, while the Michigan State Spartans are trying to show that the loss they suffered to Nebraska was a fluke and they deserve the playoff spot.

Michigan State is coming off a blowout 55-16 victory over Penn State to make it to the championship game. Iowa is coming off a victory over new rival Nebraska, winning 28-20.

The Big 10 title game will be kicking off at 7:00 p.m. Saturday on Fox.

Maryland (2) at North Carolina (9)

Here is a college basketball matchup pairing two highly ranked teams to watch this week. Maryland is coming into this matchup undefeated with huge expectations for the new season. North Carolina is coming into the matchup with one loss; however, they are coming off a CBE Classic tournament championship victory. Both teams are talented and could make tournament runs in March.

You can catch the tipoff for this game at 8:30 p.m. Tuesday on ESPN.