Throwback: Events that occurred the last time K-State beat Arkansas

0
152
The last time the Wildcats and Razorbacks met on the field in the 2012 AT&T Cotton Bowl, K-State lost 29-16 to Arkansas. The last time K-State beat Arkansas was 1926–89 years ago.

As the Wildcats prepare for the Liberty Bowl match-up against the Razorbacks, it’s important to note that the last time K-State won against them was in 1926. To give you an idea of just how long ago that was, here’s a list of notable events that occurred that year.

Jan. 8: Abdul-Aziz ibn Saud was coronated as king of Hejaz, what would later become Saudi Arabia.

Feb. 25: Francisco Franco was named General of Spain. He would later rule as dictator of the country until his death in 1975.

April 24: Germany and the Soviet Union sign the Treaty of Berlin, pledging neutrality for five years in the case either nation was attacked by a third party.

May 20: The Air Commerce Act was passed by Congress, resulting in the licensing of airplanes and pilots.

June 19: DeFord Bailey became the first African American to perform at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville.

July 26: The National Bar Association was incorporated in the United States.

Aug. 18: The first televised weather map occurred, sent to the Weather Bureau office in Washington, D.C.

Sept. 20: An assassination attempt on Al Capone took place in his headquarters in Cicero, Illinois. The North Side Gang shot over 1,000 rounds from machine guns. Capone escaped unhurt.

Oct. 14: Winnie the Pooh, written by A.A. Milne, was published.

Nov. 15: The NBC radio network was formed. It was created by General Electric, RCA and Westinghouse.

Notable Births:

Soupy Sales, comedian

Alan Greenspan, former Chairman of the Federal Reserve

Jerry Lewis, comedian and actor

Queen Elizabeth II

Harper Lee, author of To Kill a Mockingbird

Cloris Leachman, actress

Don Rickles, comedian and actor

Andy Griffith, actor

Marilyn Monroe, actress