K-State falls in Liberty Bowl

0
543
The K-State defense, including senior defensive end Marquel Bryant (45), was unable to stop Arkansas runningback Alex Collins (3), who ran for 185 yards and three touchdowns in the Razorbacks' 45-23 victory over the Wildcats in the 57th AutoZone Liberty Bowl January 2, 2015, in Memphis, Tennessee. (Parker Robb | The Collegian)

Arkansas seemed to be too much for the Wildcats on Saturday as they rolled over K-State in the Liberty Bowl 43-23.

Senior quarterback Kody Cook led the way for the Wildcats going 12-24 for 163 yards and a touchdown and a extra 19 yards on the ground.

Cook was named K-State’s Outstanding Offensive Player by the Liberty Bowl media.

Freshman fullback Winston Dimel had a big day, recording a touchdown both on the ground and through the air.

On defense, K-State was led by junior linebacker Charmeacheall Moore who had 10 tackles, eight of which were solo.

Moore earned K-State’s Outstanding Defensive Player accolades.

Junior defensive end Jordan Willis made his mark as well, recording two sacks against a Arkansas offensive line that had only allowed 12 thoughout the entire season.

Check back to the Collegian later for player and coach reactions from the game plus more in-depth analysis on the Wildcats 6-7 season.

Timothy Everson
Tim Everson was born in Wichita, KS in 1994. Before fifth grade he moved up to Manhattan for one year before settling in Riley, KS where he graduated from Riley County High School in 2012. Tim has worked for the Collegian since spring of 2014 and took over as Sports Editor during the summer of 2015. Tim loves sports, music, movies and good food when he can get it.