Service inspections

0
158

Jardine Complex

2000 Tunstall Circle

Jan. 27, 2016

Reason: regular inspection

KDA_3_30211A1a In the walk-in cooler on a shelf there was a white plastic food-grade bucket of ready-to-eat, raw potatoes being stored directly next to a plastic food-grade container of raw beef muscle. Corrected on-site by rearranging the items. (Note: both containers had lids and no leakage was detected).

KDA_3_50116A2 On the JP’s side, there was a metal food-grade container of garlic and olive oil sitting on the counter at 80.9 degrees. The cook said it had been out since 11 a.m. and its temperature was taken around 1:50 p.m., less than four hours later. Corrected on-site, placed in a reach-in cooler.

KDA_3_50118A3 In the reach-in cooler on the Corner Store side, there was an open gallon of whole milk date marked Jan. 27-Feb. 3, past seven days. Corrected on-site, put correct date. In the Traulsen reach-in on the JP’s side, there was an open carton of half-and-half date marked Jan. 25-Feb.1, past seven days. Corrected on-site, put correct date. In the bar reach-in cooler there was an open half gallon of 2 percent milk date marked Jan. 23-30, past seven days. Corrected on-site, put correct date.

KDA_4_60111A On the Corner Store side, in the Traulsen reach-in freezer (ice cream products) there were three Rubbermaid food-grade containers with stickers left on the outside and being used to store frozen fruit. In the JP’s kitchen on the ingredients rack, there were two plastic rubbermaid food-grade containers with stickers left on them and stacked clean. Corrected on-site and moved to the ware-wash area. There were also two round plastic food-grade containers with the original clear plastic wrap still attached to the edges, which can hold bacteria, but it was stored clean. Corrected on-site, discarded. In the JP’s kitchen on the dry utensil rack in the ware-wash area, there were two small round plastic food-grade containers with the original plastic wrap still attached to the edges and stored clean. Corrected on-site, discarded. There were also two large white plastic food-grade buckets and seven small clear plastic lids with stickers left on them and stored clean. Corrected on-site, moved to the ware-wash area.

Radina’s Coffeehouse

1046 Rathbone (Engineering Hall)

Jan. 26, 2016

Reason: licensing

4-302.14 There were no Quaternary Ammonia test strips available at the time of the inspection. Corrected on-site, got Quaternary Ammonia test strips.

KDA_3_30212 Below the front counter, there was a plastic cup with a granular substance, and on a cart in a plastic food-grade container was another granular substance, both not labeled. The person in charge said they were sugar. Corrected on-site, labeled the container.

Mr. K’s Cafe

3901 Vanesta Dr.

Jan. 26, 2016

Reason: first operational inspection after licenstion

KDA_2_30114H There was no hot water available at the time of the inspection. The person in charge was engaged in food preparation and wearing gloves. Corrected on-site, provided hot water to wash their hands.

KDA_3_50116A2 In a metal food-grade container next to the steam well, cut salad was at 64.3 degrees. It was set out around 10 a.m. and its temperature was taken around 11:36 a.m., less than 4 hours later. Corrected on-site, placed back in the reach-in cooler.

KDA_5_20212A There was no hot water available at the time of the inspection. Corrected on-site, boiled water and placed in an Igloo Cooler to provide hot water at 100 degrees.

KDA_5_20515B The hose that provides the hot water that runs from the pump in the mobile unit split, and water leaks onto the floor.

KDA_7_20111B There was a working spray bottle of sanitizer being stored directly on top of the reach-in freezer. Corrected on-site, removed the chemical.

Della Voce

405 Poyntz Ave.

Date: Jan. 26, 2016

Reason: follow-up

KDA_3_10111 In the walk-in cooler, there was raw tuna thawing in four vacuum-sealed packages. The container was date marked Jan. 18-24, over 24 hours. Corrected on-site, discarded.

KDA_4_60111A On the hook above the three-compartment sink, there was one metal tong with dried food debris on the food contact surface, but it was stored clean. Corrected on-site, moved to the ware-wash area. (Note: One out of 36 tongs, less than 10 percent).

Arby’s

405 McCall Rd.

Date: Jan. 27, 2016

KDA_3_30511A1 There were two soda syrup bags being stored directly on the floor. The bags fell out of their boxes and off of the soda syrup rack. Corrected on-site, placed back on the rack.

KDA_3_50116A1 In the small hot-box, there was one crispy chicken breast at 126.1 degrees. The person in charge said it was placed in the unit around 10:50 a.m. and its temperature was taken around 11:15 a.m., less than four hours later. Corrected on-site, discarded.

KDA_4_60111A On the utensil rack above the three-compartment sink, there was one four-quart plastic food-grade container with a sticker left on the outside and stored clean. There was one small square plastic container and one small rectangular plastic container with oily food residue left on the inside and stored clean. Corrected on-site, moved to the ware-wash area. On the utensil rack above the metal food-prep table, there was one square metal container with a sticker left on the outside and one square metal container with dried food debris left inside, both stored clean. Corrected on-site, moved to the ware-wash area. There were three 20-quart plastic food-grade containers with stickers left on the outside and stored clean. Two of them were being used to store tea.

KDA_4_90311B On the utensil rack across from the three-compartment sink, there were two metal rectangle containers stacked wet, clean and not able to properly air dry. Corrected on-site, moved to the ware-wash area.

KDA_6_30311A There is one light burnt out above the fryers.

KDA_7_20111B On a lower shelf in the food-line area, there was a plastic sanitizing bucket being stored directly above a box of single-use, 1-ounce cups. Corrected on-site, rearranged the items. (Note: no leakage detected).

KDA_8_30411A The current license was not posted during the inspection. (Note: license issue date was Nov. 9, 2015).

Jason Tidd graduated from Kansas State University's Miller School of Journalism and Mass Communication in May 2017. He was the spring 2017 editor-in-chief, fall 2016 news editor and spring 2016 assistant news editor. While at K-State, Jason played baritone in the Pride of Wildcat Land marching band.