Service Inspections

0
147

Papa Murphy’s

2745 Claflin Road

Feb. 4, 2016

Reason: complaint

KDA_3_30212 On top of a stack of boxes next to the metal preparation table, there was a plastic food-grade container with a white powder substance that was not labeled. An employee said it was dusting flour for the dough machine.

KDA_3_30412B In the flour bin, there was a single-use plastic cup without a handle being stored in direct contact with the flour. (Need a scoop with a handle). Corrected onsite, discarded.

KDA_3_30511A1 There were 16 plastic containers of dough in the walk-in cooler that were not covered and were directly under the fan blowers, which had dust build up.

KDA_3_50116A2 In make table two (green counter), there was a plastic food grade container of cut artichokes at 44.7 degrees and a large plastic food-grade container of shredded cheese at 44.9 degrees. Both of these items have been in the unit longer than four hours. Corrected onsite, discarded. The ambient air temperature of the unit was set at 40 degrees. An employee adjusted the temperature gauge and now it is reading 37.4 degrees. In the open-air cooler, there were boxes of mini Murphy’s pizza with individual cups of shredded cheese at 48.4 degrees and pizza sauce at 48.3 degrees. They were placed in the unit around noon (Thursday) and tempted around 4 p.m. Corrected onsite, discarded the shredded cheese and pizza sauce cups. The ambient air temperature of the unit is reading 39.9 degrees.

KDA_4_20211A2 On a hook connected to the utensil rack located to the right of the three-compartment sink, there was one rubber spatula with deep cracks on the edges (not easy to clean). Corrected onsite, pulled and trimmed the edges smooth. Also on the utensil racks, there were five large white plastic food-grade lids with broken edges. These lids are used to cover the dough. They were not in use at the time. Corrected onsite, will place clear wrap over containers and then place the lids on until the new lids arrive.

KDA_4_204112B There was no thermometer in the reach-in cooler (below MT two-green counter). Corrected on-site, placed a thermometer in the unit.

KDA_4_204120 There is water pooling at the bottom of the reach-in cooler (below make table two-green counter).

KDA_4_50111B There is a 0.5-inch gap at the bottom-right corner of the walk in cooler door. This does not provide a good seal.

KDA_4_60111A On the clean dish side at the three-compartment sink, there was one metal scoop with oil residue on the food-contact surface. Corrected onsite, moved back to the ware-wash area. On the utensil rack (to the right of the walk-in cooler), there was one large plastic food-grade container with a sticker left on the side and stored clean. There was also one plastic food-grade container with dried food debris on the inside and outside of the container and stored clean. Corrected onsite, moved both containers to the ware-wash area.

KDA_4_60111C There is mold along the edges in the walk-in cooler (in the crevices and on the caulking). There is also dust buildup on the fan blowers and on the ceiling around the fan-blower unit. In the reach-in cooler (below MT two-green counter), there is mold growing on the foam insulation covering the pipe on the right-side fan blower and on the white plastic pipe below the right fan blower. (Note: all food items were in containers with lids).

KDA_6_20215A1 There is a 0.125-inch gap along the right side of the back exit door. This could allow the entrance for pests.

KDA_6_50111 The seal between the wall and the walk-in cooler (outside) is peeling and the ceiling tile is drooping. The rubber baseboard is peeling away from the wall below the utensil rack located on the right side of the walk-in cooler. The rubber baseboard is peeling away from the wall in the employee restroom by the lockers. The rubber baseboard is peeling away from the wall behind the washer-dryer unit.

KDA_6_50112A There is mold growing on the rubber baseboard below the three-compartment sink and on the backsplash by the chemical dispensers that are mounted on the wall.

Hunam Express

1112 Moro Street

Feb. 3, 2016

Reason: complaint

KDA_3_20215 On the can rack, there were two cans of Bamboo Shoots with deep dents on the bottom seams. Corrected onsite, pulled for vendor credit.

KDA_3_30211A1b In the reach-in cooler (below the make table), there were two metal food-grade containers of ready-to-eat pork being stored between a metal food-grade pan of raw squid and a metal food-grade pan of raw egg yolks. Corrected onsite, placed on the top shelf with other ready-to-eat items.

KDA_3_30212 On the season cart next to the wok stove, there were three metal food-grade pans with white substances in them not labeled. The person in charge said they were salt, sugar and MSG. In the dry-food storage area, there was a large, plastic gray bin that had a white granular substance in it, not labeled. The person in charge said it was sugar.

KDA_3_30412B In the lighter gray nonfood-grade trash bin, there was a metal bowl without a handle being stored in direct contact with the sugar. Corrected onsite, removed the bowl.

KDA_3_30412E On the ledge of the ice machine, the metal ice scoop to the ice machine was being stored directly on top of a box that had tools inside (not a sanitary surface). Corrected onsite, cleaned the scoop and placed it in a clean metal container.

KDA_3_30511A1 There was one box of green peppers being stored directly on the floor inside of the walk-in cooler. Corrected onsite, placed the box on a shelf.

KDA_3_50116A2 On top of the make table, there were two round plastic food-grade containers of cut cabbage at 64.6 degrees and 64.4 degrees. The person in charge said they were placed out around 11 a.m. and were tempted around 1:50 p.m. (less than four hours). Corrected onsite, placed them in the cooler.

KDA_3_50118A2 In the Aquafina reach-in cooler, there were to-go containers of cooked chicken (six containers), cooked pork (six containers) and cooked beef (three containers) without dates. The person in charge said the items were made on Feb. 1. Corrected onsite, date marked the containers. In the reach-in cooler, there was a white food-grade plastic tub of RTE crab ragoons, one gray food-grade plastic tub and two round plastic food-grade containers of RTE breaded chicken without dates. The person in charge said they were made on Feb. 1. There was also a metal container of RTE chicken wings without a date. The person in charge said it was made on Jan. 31. Corrected onsite, date marked all of the items.

KDA_4_10111A There was a dark gray nonfood-grade trash bin being used to store reach-in cooler. There was also a lighter gray nonfood-grade trash bin being used to store sugar. (Note: the owner is going to order food-grade bins).

KDA_4_20211A2 In the reach-in cooler, there was one gray plastic food-grade tub that was melted on the edge and being used to store RTE crab ragoons. On the rack above the three compartment sink, there was one plastic food-grade container with a broken edge. Corrected onsite, discarded. In the walk-in cooler, there were two gray plastic food-grade tubs that were cracked, broken on the sides and being used to store RTE breaded chicken.

KDA_4_60111A The large can opener connected to the metal prep table had dried food debris and oil residue on the blade. Corrected onsite, moved to the ware-wash area. On the rack above the three-compartment sink, there was one metal pan with tape left on the side and stored clean. There was also one medium metal food-grade pan with dried food debris on the inside and stored clean. Corrected onsite, moved to the ware-wash area.

KDA_4_60111C There is grease buildup in the hood filters above the wok stove. The person in charge said they are scheduled to be serviced on Feb. 19.

KDA_4_60211E4 There is mold buildup on the inside of the pop nozzles at the soda fountain machine.

KDA_4_90311B On the rack above the three-compartment sink, there were four metal food-grade pans stacked wet, clean and not able to properly air dry. Corrected onsite, moved them to the ware-wash area.

KDA_4_90411B In a plastic container, there were plastic to-go spoons facing upward. Corrected onsite, inverted them.

KDA_5_20511A There was a box of foam cups, a plastic trash bag and a package of plastic lids being stored in the hand sink located to the right of the reach-in freezer. Corrected onsite, moved all of the items.

KDA_6_30111 There was no soap available in the men’s restroom. Corrected onsite, placed a soap pump bottle at the hand sink. (Note: The soap dispenser was broken due to a customer and the owner had to order a new one.) There was no soap available at the hand sink located next to the reach-in freezer. Corrected onsite, placed soap at the hand sink. There was no soap available at the hand sink located in the ware-wash area. Corrected onsite, placed soap in the dispenser.

KDA_6_30112 There were no disposable paper towels at the hand sink located next to the reach-in freezer. Corrected onsite, placed some at the hand sink.

KDA_6_30311A There are two light bulbs burned out above the wok stove.

KDA_7_10211 There was a working spray bottle with green liquid hanging on the dirty utensil rack not labeled. The person in charge said it was table cleaner. Corrected onsite, labeled the spray bottle.

KDA_7_20111A On a cart, there was a bottle of green cleaner being stored directly next to a bag of hot pepper powder. Corrected onsite, removed the chemical. There was also a jug of floor cleaner with bleach and a spray can of Febreze being stored directly next to a box of single-use plastic utensils. Corrected onsite, removed chemicals.

KDA_7_20111B There was a bottle of liquid dish soap and a can of Comet with bleach being stored directly on top of the mechanical dish machine while dishes were in the unit. Corrected onsite, removed the chemicals.

Hey there! I'm Danielle Cook. I'm currently a freshman in journalism and mass communications. I live for telling true stories, so I hope to be doing it for the rest of my life. Luckily, I also live for late nights and early mornings – as long as there's coffee and I'm in good company.