From the president’s desk

0
78

Fellow K-Staters,

We hope you are all having a productive week so far. It’s hard to believe that we’re so close to the middle of the semester already. With midterms fast approaching, we know it can be a stressful time for students, but we’re confident you can push through them. With that in mind, we wanted to keep things short with this update.

We want to give a shoutout to the Green Action Fund. Last week we mentioned how important their initiative was in bringing Green Apple Bikes to campus, but that’s just one of the many projects the Green Action Fund works on.

The GAF provides an opportunity for K-State to fund projects that improve campus sustainability through a host of student-led projects. Some of the projects that the GAF is currently involved with are reducing food waste at JP’s, the Biodiesel Initiative, revitalizing the Willow Lake Student Farm, a fruit tree orchard at the farm, promoting campus trees, a campus-access survey and paperless recordkeeping at the K-State Rec.

Projects that the GAF is involved with go a long way not only in tangibly improving how students interact with the K-State campus, but also raise the university’s profile as an eco-friendly and sustainable university as a whole. We want to really emphasize our appreciation for the students working on the Green Action Committee and the work they do.

Lastly, we hope to see you all at Bramlage this weekend as K-State takes on KU. We saw the impact the student body had when we came together and got loud a few weeks ago against a first-ranked Oklahoma. We’re looking forward to more of the same when the Cats take on the Jayhawks this weekend. Looking forward to you all wearing purple and being loud.

We welcome your feedback and any suggestions. You can reach us at sga@ksu.edu or via Twitter at @KStateSBP_SBVP. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you and Go Cats,

Andy Hurtig, student body president

Joe Tinker, student body vice president