Service Inspections

0
145

Sonic Drive-In

800 North Third Street

Date: Feb. 23, 2016

Reason: Follow-up

KDA_4_60111A On a metal cabinet in the ware-wash area, there was one round plastic food grade container with food debris inside and stored clean. Corrected on-site, moved to the ware-wash area. (Note: One out of 25-plus food grade containers, less than 10 percent).

So Long Saloon/Taco Lucha

1130 Moro Street

Date: Feb. 24, 2016

Reason: Follow-up

KDA_3_50114A2 In the main walk-in cooler, there was a medium-sized metal food-grade pan of taters that were cooked on Feb. 23 and were at 50.6 degrees. The taters were not able to cool down to 41 degrees within six hours. The ambient air temperature of the unit was reading 30.6 degrees. Corrected on-site, discarded.

Harry’s

418 Poyntz Avenue

Date: Feb. 23, 2016

Reason: Complaint

KDA_4_50112 In the dry food storage room, there was a cutting board that had deep scratches and was porous (not easy to clean). Corrected on-site, discarded.

KDA_3_50116A2 On the Deli side, there was an ice bath of pico de gallo at 47.1 degrees, shredded cheese at 52.3 degrees and turkey salad at 56.8 degrees. The ice was only touching the bottom of the containers. Lunch is served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (less than 4 hours). Corrected on-site, discarded the turkey salad because it was the special for the day and placed the other two items in the reach-in cooler. In reach-in cooler one (on the Deli side), there were sliced tomatoes at 43.9 degrees. An employee said she placed them in the unit around 10:15 a.m. and they were tempted around 1:45 p.m. (less than four hours). Corrected on-site, placed them in the walk-in cooler. The ambient air temperature of the unit was reading 36.9 degrees. In reach-in cooler two (on the Deli side), there was mozzarella cheese at 44.8 degrees and sliced prime rib at 45.2 degrees and 48.7 degrees. The lids to the cooler are off during lunch. The ambient air temperature of the unit was reading 39.6 degrees. Corrected on-site, lids were placed back on the unit. (Note: The product was at the fill line and the density of the product could affect the temperatures.) In the Silver King reach-in cooler behind the bar, there was whipped topping (keep refrigerated) at 46.7 degrees. It has been in the unit longer than four hours. The ambient air temperature is reading 43 degrees and there is ice built up in the unit. Corrected on-site, discarded.

KDA_4_20211A2 On a hook above the food-prep table, there was one rubber spatula with a deep crack on the side (not easy to clean). Corrected on-site, discarded.

KDA_4_90311B In the dry food storage room on a shelf, there were four small, metal food-grade containers stacked wet/clean and not able to properly air dry. There were also three large, white food-grade buckets stacked wet/clean and not able to properly air dry. Corrected on-site, moved to the ware-wash area.

KDA_5_40211 There was raw shrimp in a white plastic food-grade bucket thawing under running cold water in the three-compartment sink in the ware-wash area. The sink is directly plumbed. Corrected on-site, removed the shrimp and placed it in the food-prep sink (indirectly plumbed).

KDA_6_50112A There is minor dust buildup on the ceiling vents in the ware-wash area and in the serving line area.

KDA_4_30111 The Silver King reach-in cooler behind the bar ambient air temperature was reading 43 degrees.

KDA_5_20515B The faucet pipe on the hand sink located at the serving line leaks (pipe is taped) when the water is turned on. The cold water handle located on the left faucet at three-compartment sink located in the ware-wash area leaks when water is supplied. The right faucet leaks at the base when water is supplied.

KDA_3_50114A2 In the walk-in cooler, there were two metal food-grade pans of mashed potatoes stacked together at 44.2 degrees and 44.9 degrees. They were placed in the unit last night and tempted around 3 p.m. (not able to cool down to 41 degrees within six hours). The ambient air temperature of the unit was reading 39.4 degrees. Corrected on-site, discarded.

KDA_3_20312B The establishment serves mussels and clams. The date when the last shellstock (mussel) from the container was sold or served was not recorded on the tag. Corrected on-site, dated the tag when the last mussel was sold from the latest batch.

KDA_3_50118A1 In the walk-in cooler, there was a metal food-grade container of peppercorn tomato broth (made on-site) date marked Feb. 16 to Feb. 22 (held past seven days). Corrected on-site, discarded.

KDA_4_60111A In the dry food storage room, there were two large, white plastic food-grade buckets with labels or residue left on them and stacked clean. (Labels can hold bacteria.) On the magnetic strip, there was one small knife with dried food debris on the blade and stored clean. Corrected on-site, moved all of the items to the ware-wash area.

3-501.17(B) In the reach-in cooler (across from the grill), there was a zip lock bag of RTE duck liver with an open date of Feb. 5 and a use by date of Feb. 11. The person in charge said he opened and froze the product on Feb. 5. It was pulled from the freezer on Feb. 22. Corrected on-site, date marked the bag.

Hey there! I'm Danielle Cook. I'm currently a freshman in journalism and mass communications. I live for telling true stories, so I hope to be doing it for the rest of my life. Luckily, I also live for late nights and early mornings – as long as there's coffee and I'm in good company.