From the president’s desk

0
182

Fellow K-Staters,

Let me begin by congratulating all of you on a safe Fake Patty’s Day. We realize accidents are bound to happen when you have thousands of people in a small space and introduce alcohol into the mix, but we want to thank you all for being respectful and considerate toward one another during the festivities.

We want to extend our condolences to the family of professor Joye Gordon and the students, faculty and staff at the A.Q. Miller School of Journalism and Mass Communications. Professor Gordon was loved by many and we are deeply saddened by her passing. We know dealing with something like this can be difficult, so we encourage anyone needing help to reach out to K-State Counseling Services.

Congratulations to K-State’s Black Student Union for being recognized as the most outstanding Black Student Union of the Big 12. We’re proud of your accomplishment and thank you for all you do for the K-State family.

As of last week, we have a new president-elect and vice president-elect for the next academic year. We’re confident in the abilities of Jessica Van Ranken and Trenton Kennedy to be the voice of K-State students as we begin our transition out of office.

Lastly, we want to wish you all a happy and safe spring break. It’s been a long semester and we all deserve to let off some steam.

We welcome your feedback and any suggestions. You can reach us sga@ksu.edu or via Twitter at @KStateSBP_SBVP. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you and Go Cats,

Andy Hurtig, student body president

Joe Tinker, student body vice president

Danielle Cook
Hey there! I'm Danielle Cook. I'm currently a freshman in journalism and mass communications. I live for telling true stories, so I hope to be doing it for the rest of my life. Luckily, I also live for late nights and early mornings – as long as there's coffee and I'm in good company.