New event venue coming to Aggieville

0
1097
Taylor Myers, senior in hotel and restaurant management and employee at Straight Upp Creative Studio, stains wood at the new location of Supply Venue and Urban Garden on March 31, 2016. The shop is set to open on April 9 for a fundraiser for Manhattan Catholic School. (Miranda Snyder | The Collegian)

Dell Ann Upp, owner of Supply Events Rental and Planning, is expanding her event planning and supply businesses to Aggieville. At 1115 Moro St, where Aggie Central Station used to be, Upp said a new event venue will open on April 9.

Upp and her husband Kelly Upp own several businesses and venues around Manhattan. In Manhattan, the Upps operate the Wareham Opera House and Dell Ann owns Straight Upp Creative Studio.

“I’m super excited for (the new venue),” Taylor Myers, senior in hotel and restaurant management and event planner intern for Supply Events, said. “It’s going to be dual purpose, so not only will people be able to have weddings, smaller weddings, but we’ll also be able to hold receptions there.”

Myers said the new venue will be great for the community because it offers a space where a variety of people will be able to plan their events. Sororities and fraternities will be able to host their events, such as date parties and formal events, and different organizations will be able to host their events as well.

For example, Upp said the first event scheduled is hosted by Manhattan Catholic Schools for a fundraiser. There are also other nonprofit organizations planning events at the new venue once it officially opens.

There will also be weddings, receptions, graduation parties and more, Upp said.

“The venue represents personality of the business very well,” Upp said.

Upp and Hillary Schartz, director of operations for Supply Events, have made many changes to the space to get an “urban feel,” Myers said.

“The bones of the building are still there,” Dell Ann said. “It’s a fresh new look, and a lot of people that come in to look cannot believe it’s the same place (as Aggie Central Station).”

Myers said the inside and patio areas will have an urban feel that is unique to Manhattan, and both spaces will be available to renters.

Kelly and several others have been working 12-14 hour days to create a new look for the space. He said a lot has been accomplished in a very short period of time. The renovations had to be done on a very tight schedule, but he said it looks like the venue will open in time for their first event.

Though the numbers have not been finalized, Dell Ann said the renovations cost about $80,000.

“We’re going to be a great place for sororities, fraternities and the Manhattan community,” Kelly said.

Dell Ann and Kelly said having the venue in Aggieville will help the businesses in the area by bringing in more people who can go out to eat or go to the bars before or after their events in the venue.

“We’re just offering a unique venue space for people where it’s that urban kind of feel,” Myers said.

Hi everyone! I'm was a senior in journalism and cultural anthropology. My favorite things are storytelling, coffee and meeting new people. In that order.