Service Inspections

0
177

Willies Sports Bar & Grill

307 S. Seth Child Road

Date: March 29, 2016

Reason: follow-up

KDA_3_50118A1 In the walk-in cooler, there was sliced roast beef with a prep date of March 17 (held past seven days). There was also sliced club deli meat with a prep date of March 20 (held past seven days). Corrected on site, discarded. (Note: two items out of approximately 200 date-marked items, less than 10 percent).

KDA_4_60111A On the shelf above the three-compartment sink, there were two blue, plastic food-grade containers with sticky residue left on them and stacked clean. Corrected on site, pulled aside until the manager can get Goo Gone to help take off the sticky residue. (Note: two out of 40 plus containers, less than 10 percent).

Paradise Donuts

2307 B Tuttle Creek Blvd.

Date: March 25, 2016

Reason: regular

KDA_3_30412B In the sugar container, there was a plastic measuring cup with the handle being stored in direct contact with the product. Corrected on site, placed handle upward.

KDA_6_50112A The ceiling vent in the restroom has dust buildup on it.

KDA_3_30212 There was a working spray bottle hanging on a utensil rack with clear water and not labeled. There was also a container on the icing station with clear liquid and not labeled. The person in charge said the spray bottle was water and the other container was sugar water. Corrected on site, labeled both containers. On a shelf, there was a plastic food-grade container with a white granular substance and not labeled. The person in charge said it was sugar. Corrected on site, labeled the container.

KDA_4_20211A2 There was a plastic food-grade lid on the flour bin and it had cracks in it and taped. Corrected on site, discarded.

KDA_4_60111A The large mixer had dried food debris on the metal splash guard and was stored as clean. Corrected on site, cleaned.

KDA_3_30414B1 The sanitizer bucket located in the three-compartment sink utilizes chlorine, and it measured above 200 parts per million. Corrected on site, diluted the solution and now it is reading 50 ppm.

KDA_7_10211 In the three-compartment sink, there was a white plastic bucket with clear liquid in it and not labeled. The person in charge said it was bleach water. Corrected on site, labeled the bucket.

Tubby’s Sports Bar

1127 Moro St.

Date: March 24, 2016

Reason: follow-up

KDA_7_10211 Behind the bar, there was a working spray bottle hanging on the mechanical dish machine with blue liquid and not labeled. An employee said it was multipurpose cleaners. Corrected on site, labeled the bottle.

KDA_3_50118A1 In the reach-in cooler, there was ex-girlfriend dip (sour cream, chicken, etc.) made on site and had a prep date of March 15 (held past seven days). Corrected on site, discarded. (Note: one item held past seven days out of 15 date marked items, less than 10 percent).

Chipotle Mexican Grill

606 N. Manhattan Ave.

Date: March 22, 2016

Reason: complaint

KDA_7_20111B There was a working spray bottle of degreaser being stored directly above the rice bin and a round metal bowl. Corrected on site, removed the chemical. (Note: The chemical holder was mounted to the wall and the rice bin had a lid-seal shut.)

KDA_3_30412B In the rice bin, there was a metal food-grade pan being stored in direct contact with the rice (no handle). (Note: educated about using a scoop with a handle).

KDA_3_30511A1 On a shelf below the steam well, there was a metal food-grade container with hard taco shells not covered.

KDA_4_90311B On a shelf, there were aluminum to-go containers facing upward (not covered). Corrected on site, inverted.

KDA_7_20111A There were two working spray bottles of Surface cleaner hanging on the splash guard of the food-prep sink. The spray nozzles were facing toward the food-prep area and there were containers of onions on the table at the time. Corrected on site, removed the chemicals.

KDA_4_60111A On the clean utensil rack in the ware-wash area, there was one metal food-grade pan with dried food debris inside and stored clean. Corrected on site, moved back to the ware-wash area.

Jason Tidd graduated from Kansas State University's Miller School of Journalism and Mass Communication in May 2017. He was the spring 2017 editor-in-chief, fall 2016 news editor and spring 2016 assistant news editor. While at K-State, Jason played baritone in the Pride of Wildcat Land marching band.