Dear K-State Family,
First and foremost, it is our greatest pleasure to welcome Gen. Richard B. Myers back to our university. As an alum of K-State and a retired Air Force general who served as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, it is our greatest honor to have him serve as interim president. On Wednesday morning, we attended his press conference in Forum Hall and enjoyed hearing the plans he has while serving as interim president. We believe his leadership will help transition our university exceedingly well.
Additionally, this past week has been spent finalizing our cabinet. We have chosen a group of individuals who are just as passionate about our themes of mental wellness, political advocacy and diversity as we are, and we couldn’t be more excited to work with their individual strengths and talents this next year.
Our cabinet is as follows:
- Chief of Staff — Jordan DeLoach
- State and Local Relations Director — Bryan Swartz
- International Affairs Director — Tendai Munyanyi
- Public Relations Director — Annie Jewell
- Strategic Initiatives Advisor — Andy Hurtig
- Academic Affairs Director — Meredith Clark
- Multicultural Affairs Director — Shakyra Everett
- Health and Safety Co-Directors — Sierra Lekie & Olivia Baalman
- Technology Coordinator — Andrew McKittrick
- Sustainability Director — Mason Herrman
- Special Projects Director — Alex Bangert
- Athletics Liaison — Nick Edwards
Coming up, the Kansas Board of Regents will be on campus this week to meet with Student Governing Association leaders. Van Ranken and Swartz will meet with them as well.
It’s hard to believe we only have three full weeks left before the semester is over. Our new legislative branch leaders will be working to educate new senators, help transition new committee chairs and finish up any last-minute legislation.
Finally, we encourage you to attend the next Landon Lecture on April 25 at 10:30 a.m. in McCain Auditorium. The speaker is Mehmood Khan, PepsiCo vice chairman and chief science officer. He is responsible for the research of all PepsiCo brands to develop new food and beverage products. He is a wealth of knowledge and is sure to bring a unique story to campus.
Feel free to reach out to us at any time. We can only be #StrongerTogether if we hear from students. We want to hear about the issues pertaining to your groups, concerns you have regarding changes happening to campus or any questions you might have. Our twitter is @KStateSBP_SBVP or you can email us as well.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Jessica Van Ranken, student body president
Trenton Kennedy, student body vice president