Service Inspections

0
294

Alpha Xi Delta

601 Fairchild Terrace

Date: April 21, 2016

Reason: regular

KDA_3_50116A1 There was a metal sheet pan of white rice on the counter at 123 degrees. The cook said he set it there around 9:20 a.m. and the temperature was taken around 9:40 a.m., less than four hours. Corrected on-site, reheated the rice to 165 degrees on the stove.

KDA_6_30112 There were no disposable paper towels at the hand sink located in the kitchen. Corrected on-site, placed some napkins by the sink until they can order more.

KDA_3_50118A2 In the McCall reach-in cooler (right unit), there were peeled baked potatoes without a date. The cook said he made them on April 19. Corrected on-site, voluntarily discarded.

KDA_4_20211A2 In a utensil drawer, there were three rubber spatulas with deep cracks along the edges that are not easy to clean. Corrected on-site, discarded.

KDA_5_40211 In the middle compartment at the three-vat sink located in the kitchen, there was a metal strainer of black beans below the flood rim. The sink is directly plumbed. Corrected on-site, removed the black beans.

KDA_6_50112A There is minor dust buildup on the ceiling vents in the kitchen and on the air vent above the mechanical dish machine. In the ware-wash area, there is mold on the back splash behind the atmospheric vacuum breaker to the right of the dump sink.

KDA_3_30511A1 In the middle compartment at the three-vat sink located in the kitchen, there was a metal strainer of black beans being drained below the flood rim. The middle-compartment sink is directly next to the left compartment that is used as a hand sink. There is no splash guard to help protect the food from potential contamination from the soap and water splashing. Corrected on-site, removed from the sink.

KDA_4_60111C There is dust buildup on the fire-suppression system pipes that are directly above the stove.

KDA_3_50118A1 In the McCall reach-in cooler (right unit), there was a container of sloppy joe mix (mos) with a make date of April 4, sliced deli ham with an open date of April 10, and a Ziploc bag of sliced ham with a make date of April 13, all held past seven days. Corrected on-site, discarded.

KDA_4_60111A In an upper cabinet to the left of the hand sink, there were seven round plastic food-grade lids with tape and labels left on them and stored clean that can hold bacteria. Corrected on-site, moved to the ware-wash area.

KDA_4_60213 On the Whirlpool reach-in freezer, there is food debris and soiled residue on the door and handle.

KDA_3_50116A2 On an ice bath, there was a plastic container of individual yogurt cups, double stacked, and a top-layer yogurt cup was at 53.2 degrees. There was a plastic food-grade container of cottage cheese at 47.2 degrees, a packet of whipped sweet cream butter at 55.5 degrees and a plastic food-grade container of boiled hard-shell eggs at 54.9 degrees. The cook said he placed them out around 7 a.m. and the temperature was taken around 10:05 a.m., less than four hours. Corrected on-site, placed the yogurt in the freezer to cool down more quickly, discarded the cottage cheese and boiled hard-shell eggs. The ice was only contacting the bottom of the containers. Educated about fully submerging the containers in the ice.

Theta Xi Fraternity

1803 Laramie St.

Date: April 20, 2016

Reason: regular

KDA_4_20211A2 In a utensil drawer, there were two wire food-grade mesh-screen strainers that were torn and one black plastic spatula that was melted and porous. Corrected on-site, discarded.

KDA_3_50118A1 In the reach-in cooler, there was a Ziploc bag of ham with a prep date of April 13 that had been held past seven days. Corrected on-site, discarded.

KDA_4_60111A On a utensil rack, there was one large metal food-grade pan with dried food debris on the inside and stacked clean. Corrected on-site, moved to the ware-wash area. The large mixer had dried food debris on the metal-back frame and on the metal frame where the whisk is inserted. The cook said he used it last Thursday. Corrected on-site, cleaned.

KDA_4_90311B On the utensil racks, there were two large metal food-grade pans and four metal round bowls stacked wet, clean and not able to properly air dry.

KDA_6_30114 There was no hand-washing sign posted at the hand sink located in the kitchen. Corrected on-site, left a hand-washing sticker.

KDA_6_50112A There was food debris inside and outside of the kitchen cabinets. There is mold on the window frame in the ware-wash area.

KDA_3_30511A1 In the dry-food storage room, there was one box of lemons, one box of potatoes and one box with packages of dry cheddar-mix powder being stored directly on the floor.

KDA_3_10111 In the reach-in cooler, there was an open carton of cream without a known date. Corrected on-site, discarded. There was an open bag of pepperonis with a freeze date of March 9 and without a known thaw date. Corrected on-site, discarded.

KDA_3_50118A2 In the reach-in cooler, there were four Ziploc bags of baked potatoes without dates. The cook said they were made on April 18. Corrected on-site, date marked the bags.

KDA_3_30211A1b In the reach-in cooler, there were four packages of raw bratwursts, a personal item, being stored directly above ready-to-eat packages of shredded cheese, packages of ready-to-eat butter and a carton of ready-to-drink or eat cream. Corrected on-site, removed from the unit.

Beta Sigma Psi

1200 Centennial Drive

Date: April 19, 2016

Reason: regular

KDA_3_10111 There were pounds of butter wrapped in waxing paper on the bottom of the True reach-in cooler. There is water pooling at the bottom of the unit. The water contaminated the butter. In the dry-food storage room, there was one rotting sweet potato in the potato box. Corrected on-site, discarded both items.

KDA_4_204120 In the True reach-in cooler, there is water pooling at the bottom of the unit.

KDA_6_30114 There is no hand-washing sign in the employee restroom. Corrected on-site, left a hand-washing sticker.

KDA_6_50112A There is grease buildup and food debris on the floor below the fryers and stove. The wooden counter top is sticky. There are several empty boxes on the floor to the right of the ice machine. There are several soiled dishes sitting on the large metal food-prep table on the opposite side of food-prep work area.

KDA_4_60213 The True reach-in cooler doors and handles have soiled residue.

KDA_4_90311A In the dry-food storage closet, there was one box of foam-hinged lid containers being stored directly on the floor.

KDA_7_20111A On a shelf above the metal food-prep table, there was a working spray bottle of No. 49 germicidal cleaner being stored directly next to an open box of mint tooth picks. Corrected on-site, removed the chemical.

3-302.11(A)(2) There was one box and one roll of raw ground beef being stored directly on top of a box of precooked turkey and a box of raw pork bacon. There was one box of precooked turkey being stored directly on top of a box of raw pork bacon. Corrected on-site, rearranged the items in the unit.

KDA_3_30211A1b In the True reach-in cooler, there was an open carton of raw hard-shell eggs being stored directly on top of a container of ready-to-eat sauerkraut. There was also raw one box and one roll of raw ground beef, one box of precooked turkey and a box of raw pork bacon being stored directly above an open box of ready-to-eat butter. Corrected on-site, rearranged the items in the unit.

KDA_3_50116A1 On the steam table, there was taco meat with corn at 98.7 degrees. The cook said she set it out around 11:30 a.m. and the temperature was taken around 3 p.m. Corrected on-site, discarded.

KDA_5_50117 There is no covered receptacle for sanitary napkins in the employee restroom.

KDA_4_60111C There is minor grease and dust buildup in the hood filters above the stove.

KDA_4_60212B The microwaves in the kitchen have dried-food debris inside.

KDA_3_30211A1a There was a box and one roll of raw ground beef, one box of pre-cooked turkey and one box of raw pork bacon being stored directly above ready-to-eat celery and a bag of ready-to-eat cherries. Corrected on-site, rearranged the items in the unit.

KDA_3_50116A2 On the steam table, there were sliced tomatoes at 67.1 degrees. On the salad bar, there was cut salad at 65 degrees. The cook said she set them out around 11:30 a.m. and the temperature was taken around 3 p.m. Corrected on-site, discarded.

KDA_4_60111A At the large mixer, there was dried-food debris on the metal whisk and stored clean. In a utensil drawer, there was one metal spoon with dried-food debris on the food-contact surface and stored clean. Corrected on-site, moved the items to the ware-wash area.

KDA_4_90311B On a shelf below the metal food-prep table, there were several metal food-grade pans facing upward and not protected from debris and splash. (Note: educated about inverting them).

KDA_6_50111 The metal utensil drawer at the metal food-prep table does not open and shut properly.

4-302.14 The facility did not have Quaternary Ammonia test strips available during the inspection. Corrected on-site, got some.

KDA_3_50118A2 In the True reach-in cooler, there was a bag of cut salad and a bag of cut lettuce leaves opened and without a date. The cook said they were opened on April 14. Corrected on-site, date marked both bags.

KDA_4_50111B The right door gasket on the True reach-in cooler is torn. This does not provide a good seal.

Jason Tidd
Jason Tidd graduated from Kansas State University's Miller School of Journalism and Mass Communication in May 2017. He was the spring 2017 editor-in-chief, fall 2016 news editor and spring 2016 assistant news editor. While at K-State, Jason played baritone in the Pride of Wildcat Land marching band.