Fireworks spark early morning fire

0
313

this is an image
David Braddock talks about the fire that damaged his home earlier on July 5, 2016 as he takes a break from emailing family. Braddock says the support he has recieved from family, friends and local services has been tremendous. (Evert Nelson | The Collegian)
this is an image
David Braddock walks through the front door to his house on Dix Drive in Manhattan, Kansas on July 5, 2016. Braddock's famliy and pets made it out of their burning home early morning after a supposed firework started the house fire. (Evert Nelson | The Collegian)
this is an image
Philip Braddock shines his phones light into the ceiling of his parents home on July 5, 2016. The damage from putting the early morning fire caused a lot of water damage adding to the fire that destroyed the roof. (Evert Nelson | The Collegian)
this is an image
Paint on the walls going down to the basement of the Braddock's home on July 5, 2016 show water damage caused by putting out a fire earlier that morning. David Braddock, the home owner, says people don't realize the damage caused from putting out a house fire. (Evert Nelson | The Collegian)
this is an image
The inside of the Braddock's kitchen looks unrecognizable after a fire on the morning of July 5, 2016 ravaged through their home. (Evert Nelson | The Collegian)

this is an image
Philip Braddock surveys his parents burned garage with his son Austin on July 5, 2016. The fire that damaged the Braddock's home was determined by the Manhattan Fire Department to be started by firework early Tuesday morning. (Evert Nelson | The Collegian)
this is an image
Philip Braddock points to a burned hole in his parents garage where Manhattan Fire Department determined the start of the fire began with a firework. (Evert Nelson | The Collegian)

this is an image
A military medal lays atop burned papers from David Braddock's time in Vietnam in his garage on July 5, 2016. (Evert Nelson | The Collegian)
this is an image
Walking through piles of burned papers in his parents garage, Philip Braddock talks about having to sort through old miliarty papers on July 5, 2016. His father, David Braddock is a Vietnam War veterian and his brother was part of Operation Iraqi Freedom. After their service they stored boxes of their official papers in the garage where the fire on Tuesday morning started. (Evert Nelson | The Collegian)
this is an image
David Braddock walks out of the burned garage to his home in Manhattan, Kansas on July 5, 2016 tasting a cigarette and holding his beer. (Evert Nelson | The Collegian)
this is an image
The back of the Braddock's Mountaineer shows extensive burn damage from a fire supposed caused by fireworks on July 5, 2016. (Evert Nelson | The Collegian)

Evert Nelson graduated in Journalism and Mass Communications in 2016. He worked as Photo Editor for the Summer 2016 Collegian and 2012 Royal Purple Yearbook. He also worked as staff photojournalist and reporter during his time as student.