Service Inspections

0
313

Bobby T’s Bar & Grill

3240 Kimball Ave.

Date: Aug. 18, 2016

Reason: Reopening

Result: In Compliance

KDA_6_50112A There are dead cockroaches on the floor in the kitchen below the Traulsen reach-in freezer.

KDA_8_40411 There are nine live cockroaches in the kitchen behind the Traulsen reach-in freezer. There are three live cockroaches behind the bar. The facility did have a licensed contract pest control company come in and treat the establishment.

KDA_6_50111 The floor behind the bar is chipped and broken to where water is pooling on the floor and it is not able to drain or evaporate.

Tanner’s Bar & Grill

1200 Moro St.

Date: Aug. 16, 2016

Reason: Follow-up to Administrative Order

Result: In Compliance

KDA_3_50118A3 In the Coca-Cola reach-in cooler, there was a plastic food-grade container with portions of sliced turkey meat dated Aug. 13-20 (date marked past seven days). Corrected on-site, put the correct discard date of Aug. 19. (Note: This was the only item date marked past seven days).

KDA_3_50118A2 In the walk-in cooler (for liquor), there was an open gallon of milk without a date. The person in charge said it was opened on Aug. 13. Corrected on-site, dated marked on the milk. (Note: This was the only item that was not date marked).

KDA_4_60111A The meat slicer had dried food debris on the blade in between the crevices around the blade and was stored as clean. Corrected on-site, moved to the ware-wash area. (Note: Only item found with dried food debris, less than 10 percent).

Throwback Tavern

1344 Westloop Place

Date: Aug. 19, 2016

Reason: Regular

Result: In Compliance

4-302.14 There were no chlorine test strips available during the inspection. Corrected on-site, left chlorine test strips.

KDA_8_30411A The current 2016-2017 food establishment license was not posted. Corrected on-site, posted the license. (Note: Had 2015-2016 food establishment license posted in public view).

KDA_3_30212 On the rack (across from the grill), there were two plastic food-grade squirt bottles with clear liquid in them and they were not labeled. The person in charge said they were both water.

KDA_4_60111A The produce dicer mounted to the wall had dried food debris on the blades, and the person in charge said it was not used today. On the rack above the small make table, there was one metal scoop with dried food residue left inside of the scoop and stored clean. On a shelf below the metal food prep table, there was a white, plastic food-grade bucket with a sticker label left on the side and stored clean. Corrected on-site, moved all of these items to the ware-wash area.

KDA_3_50118A2 In the Whirlpool refrigerator, there was an open container of potato salad without a date. The person in charge said it was opened on Aug. 17. Corrected on-site, date marked on the container.

KDA_3_30511A1 In the walk-in cooler, there was a bag of onions being stored directly on the floor. Corrected on-site, placed them on a shelf.

KDA_4_10111A On a rack to the right of the grill, there were two Sterilite plastic non-food grade containers being used to store flour and batter mix. Corrected on-site, placed the flour and batter mix in food-grade containers. In the dry food storage area, there was a large, plastic non-food grade container being used to store dry mix. The person in charge said they do not use the mix. Corrected on-site, discarded.

KDA_3_10111 In the True reach-in cooler, there was an open gallon of milk without a known date. Corrected on-site, discarded.

Panda Express

918 N. 17th St. KSU Union

Date: Aug. 15, 2016

Reason: Licensing

Result: In Compliance

There were no violations.

Jason Tidd
Jason Tidd graduated from Kansas State University's Miller School of Journalism and Mass Communication in May 2017. He was the spring 2017 editor-in-chief, fall 2016 news editor and spring 2016 assistant news editor. While at K-State, Jason played baritone in the Pride of Wildcat Land marching band.