Women’s golf team starts season in Minnesota

0
43
Junior Madison Talley watches the ball on her backswing after teeing off of hole six at Colbert Hills on Sep. 8, 2015, during the Marilynn Smith/Sunflower Invitational. (File Photo by Evert Nelson | The Collegian)

The Kansas State women’s golf team will kick off its fall season today in the 11-team Minnesota Invitational at the Minikahda Club Golf Course in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

The invitational will be a two-day event with 18 holes of golf scheduled for both today and Tuesday.

“The team has had two weeks of great practice,” head coach Kristi Knight said to K-State Sports. “They have great energy and commitment. We are all looking forward to starting our season at the Minnesota Invitational.”

The Wildcats will be led by senior Madison Talley.

Talley is coming off of a solid finish to her junior year as she finished fourth in the Big 12 Tournament, earning a spot on the All-Tournament Team, as well as a bid to the NCAA Regional for the second year in a row. Talley also led the team last year with a 72.97 stroke average.

Talley will be accompanied by her teammates senior Paige Nelson, senior Katherine Gravel-Coursol, sophomore Chloe Weir and freshman Tash Carlsson. Freshman Hayden Mammen will not compete with the team but will participate as an individual.

The Wildcats will tee off their season today at 7:45 a.m.

I am a senior in Journalism. I like sports and things.