Wildcat golfers set to compete in World Amateur Team Championships

0
36
Then-sophomore Connie Jaffrey watches her ball after her hit on the fairway of hole 13 at Colbert Hills during a team practice on October 13, 2015. (File Photo by Evert Nelson | The Collegian)

Kansas State sophomore men’s golfer Jeremy Gandon and junior women’s golfer Connie Jaffrey will be taking a break from their respective teams to compete in the World Amateur Team Championships in Riviera Maya, Mexico.

Gandon is currently competing for the Wildcats in the Badger Invitational in Wisconsin. After two rounds Gandon sits in fourth place; the final round of the tournament will take place today.

Gandon will compete in the championship for his native France, with the men’s competition taking place Sept. 21-24.

Jaffrey, a Scotland native, had to miss out on the Minnesota Invitational that the Kansas State women’s golf team is currently competing in. Jaffrey will compete on the women’s side of the championship, which will be taking place Wednesday through Saturday.

The World Amateur Team Championships are a biennial international amateur golf competition ran by the International Golf Federation. Both the men’s and women’s championships will consist of 72 holes, spread over four days of competition.

I am a senior in Journalism. I like sports and things.