Pringle wins Big 12 Special Teams Player of the Week

0
77
Bryon Pringle, #9 sophomore wide receiver, dashes through Missouri State players during the Wildcats game at Bill Snyder Family Stadium on September 24, 2016. The Cats won 35-0. (Photo by Evert Nelson)

On Monday morning, Kansas State sophomore wide receiver and returner Byron Pringle was named Big 12 Special Teams Player of the Week after recording 108 all-purpose yards in just one-half of play during the Wildcats 35-0 win versus Missouri State.

This comes on the heels of fellow sophomore wide receiver and returner Dominique Heath winning the award the previous week after taking a punt back 75 yards for a touchdown in K-State’s 63-7 victory versus Florida Atlantic.

Pringle also recorded his first touchdown as a Wildcat during the win over the Bears with a 19-yard reception caught off of the hands of sophomore tight end Dayton Valentine in the end zone.

K-State starts Big 12 play this weekend as they head to Morgantown, West Virginia to take on the Mountaineers who are undefeated so far this season.

Timothy Everson
Tim Everson was born in Wichita, KS in 1994. Before fifth grade he moved up to Manhattan for one year before settling in Riley, KS where he graduated from Riley County High School in 2012. Tim has worked for the Collegian since spring of 2014 and took over as Sports Editor during the summer of 2015. Tim loves sports, music, movies and good food when he can get it.