Big 12 defensive power rankings: Week 5

0
172
Senior defensive end Jordan Willis waves as he is introduced as a 2016 team captain prior to the annual Purple-White Spring Game April 23, 2016. Willis only had one half to accumulate stats after defeating Missouri State on Sept. 24, 2016, in game that was called at halftime due to inclement weather. (File Photo by Parker Robb | The Collegian)

1. Patrick Levels, senior DB, Baylor

Levels stays at No. 1 after an eight-tackle performance on Saturday against Oklahoma State. The Bears will travel to Ames, Iowa, to take on Iowa State this weekend.

2. Reggan Northrup, sophomore LB, Iowa State

Northrup had nine tackles in a win over San Jose State in the first victory of the season for the Cyclones. He has 32 tackles on the season, which is the main reason for his jump this week.

3. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, junior LB, Oklahoma

He moves back one spot this week after a bye week for the Sooners. Okoronkwo has helped his team, but Oklahoma has struggled this year. They need him to step up against TCU this weekend.

4. Elijah Lee, junior LB, Kansas State

Lee moves up one spot this week as the Wildcats’ defense has looked very dominate the past two weeks. He has 19 tackles this season and has been the anchor of the defense.

5. Jordan Evans, senior LB, Oklahoma

Evans drops one spot, too, after a bye week, but Oklahoma will face TCU this weekend. He has 24 tackles this year and has looked very poised on the defensive side of the ball.

6. Kamari Cotton-Moya, junior DB, Iowa State

What a week it was for Cotton-Moya as he had 11 tackles against San Jose State, matching his season high for a game. The Cyclones need him to keep playing to his max if they want to have a decent season.

7. Jordan Willis, senior DE, Kansas State

Willis only had one half to accumulate stats after defeating Missouri State in game that was called at halftime due to inclement weather. The Wildcats travel to West Virginia for a matchup against the Mountaineers on Saturday.

8. Sammy Douglas, junior LB, TCU

Douglas didn’t play on Saturday, but has been very good this year. He had 17 tackles against Arkansas earlier this year and will need to keep being a force for the Horned Frogs.

9. Bazie Bates IV, senior S, Kansas

Bates and the Jayhawks are coming off a bye week, and will take on the Red Raiders Saturday. He has 18 tackles this season and one interception.

10. Charmeachealle Moore, senior LB, Kansas State

Moore had a good game against the Bears on Saturday as he recorded five tackles in the win. He has 13 on the season and has looked dominant on the field.