Women’s golf team heads to North Carolina

0
48
Then-junior Madison Talley reads her line on the green to the hole nine during the Marilynn Smith/Sunflower Invitational at Colbert Hills Golf Course on Sep. 8, 2015. (File Photo by Emily Starkey | The Collegian)

The Kansas State women’s golf team looks to build off of their championship performance three weeks ago as they head to Greenville, North Carolina to compete in the Greenville Regional Preview.

The Wildcats are coming off a tournament win three weeks ago at the Chip-N Club Invitational. It was the Cats first tournament win since winning two of them in 2014.

Sophomore Chloe Weir and seniors Madison Talley and Paige Nelson will lead the way for the Cats in Greenville. The trio have been the team’s best golfers so far this fall season. Nelson finished third, and Talley and Weir finished tied for fourth in the Chip-N Club Invitational.

Headed to Greenville with Weir, Talley, and Nelson will be Katherine Gravel-Coursol and Connie Jaffrey.

Head coach Kristi Knight said the team is ready for Greenville.

“The team is ready to get back to tournament play,” Knight said to K-State Sports. “I like what I have seen in practice the last couple of days.”

The Cats will be joined by 15 teams in the tournament, including Augusta, Campbell, Clemson, Colorado State, Denver, East Carolina, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Mississippi State, Middle Tennessee State, Old Dominion, Oregon, TCU and Virginia Tech.

The tournament will hit off today with 36 holes starting at 8:30 a.m.

I am a senior in Journalism. I like sports and things.