Junior Connie Jaffrey finishes 1st, team finishes 3rd in Greenville

0
76
Then-sophomore Connie Jaffrey watches her ball after her hit on the fairway of hole 13 at Colbert Hills during a team practice on Oct. 13, 2015. (File Photo by Evert Nelson | The Collegian)

The Kansas State women’s golf team recorded its second top-three finish this week at the Greenville Regional Preview in Greenville, North Carolina.

The Wildcats finished in third place with a 50-over-par 914. They were led by junior Connie Jaffrey, who took home the individual title with a 3-over-par 219 for the tournament.

This was Jaffrey’s second individual title in her career and the 13th individual title in K-State women’s golf history.

“Connie played exceptionally well on a very difficult course,” head coach Kristi Knight said to K-State Sports. “I am very proud of her and this entire team. A top-three finish in this field is great.”

The rest of the Wildcats finished well behind Jaffrey. Sophomore Chloe Weir finished the tournament at 16-over-par 232 and tied for 23rd place. Senior Katherine Gravel-Coursol was one stroke behind Weir at 17-over-par 233 to tie for 26th.

Senior Paige Nelson tied for 47th place with a three-round score of 22-over-par 238 and senior Madison Talley tied for 61st at 25-over-par 241 for the tournament.

The Wildcats will be back in action this weekend when they head to San Antonio, Texas, to compete in the Alamo Invitational.

I am a senior in Journalism. I like sports and things.