Amazon service disruption affects Canvas, the Collegian

0
633

UPDATE 2:52 p.m.

Portions of Canvas and other S3-powered services appear to be back up. Amazon is still working on restoring complete service according to their status page:

“We are seeing recovery for S3 object retrievals, listing and deletions. We continue to work on recovery for adding new objects to S3 and expect to start seeing improved error rates within the hour.”

Due to an interruption in a service the Collegian website uses, S3 by Amazon Web Services, images and other media used on our website may be unavailable.

Amazon is currently experiencing a disruption to their service, according to their service dashboard:

“We’re continuing to work to remediate the availability issues for Amazon S3 in US-EAST-1. AWS services and customer applications depending on S3 will continue to experience high error rates as we are actively working to remediate the errors in Amazon S3.”

Canvas, K-State learning management software, which is also powered by Amazon Web Services, also appears to affected by the service disruption.

Many people took to Twitter to share their thoughts on the service interruption:

The outage also has affected Quora, Business Insider, Giphy, Slack and other services, according to TechCrunch.

George Walker
Hello! I'm George Walker, and I graduated from K-State in 2017 with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and minors in journalism, leadership studies and queer studies. I have passions for design, development, and photography, and I'm a former editor-in-chief and photo/multimedia editor.