Kansas State’s Wildcat Wellness Coalition kicked off the 2017 Wellness Week with free bagels and hot chocolate from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday on the Bosco Student Plaza during their Wellness Week Kickoff.
Julie Gibbs, director of health promotion at Lafene Health Center, said this is the first year K-State is hosting a Wellness Week and they hope to bring awareness to the eight different dimensions of health: spiritual, physical, environmental, occupational, social, intellectual, emotional and financial.
“We just wanted to enhance overall wellness and raise awareness about overall wellness,” Gibbs said. “We’re trying to really focus on the different dimensions of health and try to have something for each day that focuses on a different aspect of health.”
Aubrey Rech, freshman in German, and Anna White, freshman in kinesiology, attended the kickoff for the free bagels, but said they enjoyed finding out about the other wellness events that will be hosted throughout the week.
“I think it’s cool,” Rech said. “I like how they’re doing multiple activities throughout the week.”
Wellness Week Events
- Scavenger Hunt. “Like” the Wildcat Wellness Coalition Facebook page to get clues
- Transform Your Trek: All day, throughout campus
- Life-Size Barbie Meet and Greet: 4-6 p.m., Peters Recreation Center
- “Let’s Talk About Sex:” 6-7 p.m., K-State Student Union room 209
- Health and Wellness Expo: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Union Courtyard
- Top Chef Presentation: 6-7 p.m., Kramer Dining Center
- Spring Break Not Spring Broke: noon to 1:30 p.m., Union Courtyard
- Ending the Silence: 7-8 p.m., Hale Library Hemisphere Room
- Groove and Glow Zumba Dance: 7 p.m., the Rec Complex
- Scavenger Hunt Winners Announced