Student committee recommends current level of agriculture, architecture fees

0
72

The Kansas State Tuition and Fees Strategies Committee unanimously voted Tuesday evening to continue the current College of Agriculture’s $20 per-credit-hour fee and the College of Architecture, Planning and Design’s $40 per-credit-hour fee.

The College of Agriculture’s fee is to “maintain the high quality of education that students receive in the College of Agriculture” through room upgrades and more laboratory, hands-on experiences and graduate assistants.

The College of Architecture, Planning and Design uses their student fees for new technology and equipment, design-laboratory chairs and desks and the salaries of the coordinator and computer shop technologists.

The fees already exist, but all colleges are required to give a fee-review presentation to the committee every three years before a credit-hour fee renewal will be further considered. The fee proposals must be approved by President Richard Myers.

Kaitlyn Alanis
Hi, I'm Kaitlyn Alanis, former news editor for the Collegian and a May 2017 graduate in agricultural communications and journalism. I have never tried a hamburger and I hate the taste of coffee, but I love writing stories and sharing what I learn with our readers. By writing for the Collegian, I can now not only sing along when the K-State Band plays "The Band is Hot," but I also know that most agriculture students did not grow up on a farm, how to use an AED to save someone's life and why there is a bust of MLK Jr. outside of Ahearn Field House. Thanks for reading!