For more than 40 years, Manhattan Parks and Recreation has hosted a free outdoor concert series for the Manhattan community, Arts in the Park. This summer’s Arts in the Park season kicked off with Jessica Paige, a former American Idol contestant from season 15 and Kansas City native, on June 2.
The Arts in the Park series is held at the Larry Norvell Band Shell in Manhattan City Park every Friday during June and July beginning at 7:30 p.m.
Upcoming performances include:
- Billy McGugian, a “rock twist” band, on June 9.
- The Railsplitters, a bluegrass band, on June 16.
- Not a Planet, a band ranging rom 1960s pop to indie rock, on June 23.
- The Hunts, performing folk music, on June 30.
- The Manhattan Municipal Band, performing a special show, on July 4 at 6:30 p.m.
- Vocal Trash, described as “‘Glee’ meets ‘Stomp’,” on July 7.
- Aloft, a Chicago-based circus company, on July 14.
- Secret Agent 23 Skidoo, described as “the king of kid-hop,” on July 21.
- BritBeat, a Beatles cover band, on July 28.