What to watch: NHL Week 3

Chicago Blackhawks (4-1-1) at St. Louis Blues (4-2-0)

NBC’s Wednesday Night Rivalry will feature a huge game between the Chicago Blackhawks and the St. Louis Blues. These teams have a history with each other, both in regular season and in the playoffs.

These teams played each other in the Winter Classic last year at Busch Stadium in St. Louis and will play each other for the first time this season Wednesday at 7 p.m.

Chicago has had some unexpected big scorers, with Brandon Saad and Ryan Hartman scoring 8 points each, in a three-way tie for leading the team in scoring with Patrick Kane.

The Blues’ leading point scorers also have 8 each, but Jaden Schwartz and Alex Pietrangelo are names you should expect on that list.

In this matchup, be on the lookout for strong offensive play from the Blackhawks and defensive play from the Blues.

The Blues are looking to get Alexander Steen back from an injury for this game, and this should help the team’s offense.

Overall this game will be very physical, as it always is when these teams play each other. Watch out for Brayden Schenn and Chris Thorburn to look for some big hits or fights from St. Louis.

New York Islanders (2-3-1) at New York Rangers (1-5-0)

This cross-state rivalry will take us to Madison Square Garden where the Rangers will look to add to its one win this season.

Neither of these teams have great point scorers; the teams’ leaders each have scored 5 points.

With only two goals this season and three assists to lead the Islanders in points, John Tavares has been a bit of a non-factor. Tavares recorded 66 points last season, so such a low number is a huge surprise for many fans.

On the other side, Ryan McDonagh is in the same boat. This comes as a surprise as he recorded 42 points last season as the Rangers’ captain.

This game should be very defensive for both squads. Look for teams to set up in the offensive zone and try to get shots off. Both goalies have good reputation, but only one can win.

This game will take place Thursday at 6 p.m.

Tampa Bay Lightning (5-1-0) at Columbus Blue Jackets (4-1-0)

These goalies are hot, and when you have outstanding goaltending, it opens up your offense to do great things.

The Lightning have very high-point scorers in Nikita Kucherov with 10 points already this season, and Steven Stamkos with 9.

The Blue Jackets aren’t too bad at scoring either, with Artemi Panarin leading the way with 7 points, followed by Alexander Wennberg with 5.

This game should be full of offense and will really be a battle of which goalie can hold on the longest before breaking.

Keep an eye on Kucherov, who has recorded a goal in every game so far this season.