K-State women’s basketball Karyla Middlebrook transitions into student coaching role

0
238

Kansas State senior guard Karyla Middlebrook will end her playing career and become a student assistant helping the coaching staff after multiple surgeries for her ankle injury.

Doctors in Manhattan and one in Cleveland, along with Middlebrook’s parents and coaching staff got together and decided this was the best course of action. “After a long offseason with five surgeries, that is a tough task for anybody to come back from,” said Middlebrook to K-State Sports.”

“Obviously it is not the way you want to end your career, especially being a fifth-year senior. I was really looking forward to this last season, but that’s just how the cards were dealt,” said Middlebrook to K-State Sports.

During her career at K-State, Middlebrook played in 37 games, starting 31. In these games, Middlebrook averaged eight points, three rebounds, and assists while making 114 free throws.

“I am looking forward to having her help our program as a student coach and being impactful in her new position,” said head coach Jeff Mittie to K-State Sports on Middlebrook’s role transition.

This account was generated by Camayak on 2017-09-06, please refer to http://support.camayak.com/connect-your-camayak-account-to-your-existing-wordpress-account/ if you wish to delete it.