Hickson, Hanson added to football coaching staff

0
92

Zach Hanson and Eric Hickson both know Wildcat football, and for that reason, head coach Bill Snyder announced Tuesday that Hanson will coach the tight ends and assist the offensive line while Hickson will also coach the running backs.

Snyder released a statement regarding the new coaching additions.

“I am pleased to have Zach and Eric back with us,” he said to K-State Sports. “Both have proven their capabilities not only as very successful position coaches and teachers, but also in the development of quality and valued young men. They both have a genuine interest in the life skills enhancement of those they work with. Having also been highly successful student athletes in our program, they believe in and understand our program.”

Hanson, who was previously a graduate student at the University of North Carolina, talked about this opportunity to come back to K-State.

“I am grateful and honored to return to Manhattan to assist our football program in this capacity,” Hanson said. “I look forward to assisting Coach Snyder and the entire K-State Family in executing our mission and stand ready to help our team create a competitive culture built on a foundation of hard work, discipline, positive energy and dedication to winning championships on and off the football field.”

Hickson, who coached at Akron University and Garden City Community College, also talked about the opportunity.

“I am beyond excited to return to K-State,” Hickson said. “I was very blessed to be able to play for Coach Snyder, and it is an honor to be under his tutelage again as a coach. I look forward to working with all the running backs and help them develop both on and off the field.”

DeAundra Allen
I'm DeAundra Allen, co-editor-in-chief and sports editor at the Collegian. I'm a junior in broadcast journalism and pre-law, with a minor in philosophy. I was born in Brighton, Colorado, home of La Placita and the Bulldogs. I moved to Kansas in 2010, and fell in love with press boxes at a young age. In my spare time, I talk about my pets, sports, and work towards going to law school.