Winston Dimel announces he will leave K-State

0
293

Junior fullback Winston Dimel has announced he is leaving Kansas State for his final year of eligibility. Dimel racked up 22 touchdowns on 77 carries in his three years at K-State. He also caught three touchdowns. He accounted for 659 all-purpose yards.

“Deciding to leave was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make,” Dimel said in a tweet. He went on to thank the fans and the Manhattan community for their support.

Dimel has graduated from K-State and will be utilizing the graduate transfer route to a new school, meaning he can transfer anywhere and play immediately under NCAA rules. All Big 12 schools as well as all non-conference opponents on the K-State 2018 schedule are off-limits for Dimel, as K-State has blocked him from transferring to any of those schools.

Dimel’s father, former offensive coordinator Dana Dimel, left K-State between the regular season and the Cactus Bowl to become the head coach at the University of Texas at El Paso. Head coach Bill Snyder said in a press conference after Dana left that he expected Winston to follow his father to UTEP.

In a post from the Wichita Eagle, Dimel talked about how he is going to use this time to impress the NFL.

“Right now, it’s just about physically getting bigger and stronger,” Dimel said to the Wichita Eagle. “I have had a lot of injuries at K-State throughout my time here. It has kind of hurt my offseason workouts, so I just hope to get bigger, faster and stronger throughout this offseason and carry that into my senior season. After that, hopefully I well get that NFL shot.”

Playing for his father is still an option, but Dimel told gopowercat.com he is entertaining interest from the University of Missouri, Texas A&M and the University of Wisconsin. He holds offers from Missouri and Texas A&M.

Dimel tweeted an image Tuesday, reading, “Deciding to leave K-State was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. I just want to say thank you to all of the fans, Manhattan community, my teammates and my family for all of the support throughout the years. These last 4 years have been an amazing experience that I will forever be thankful for.”

https://twitter.com/_POOH_BEAR5/status/953310416087715842

Hi! I'm Nathan Enserro, an alumnus from Olathe, Kansas. I graduated in spring 2022 with a Masters in Mass Communication, and I graduated in spring 2020 with a Bachelor's of Science in strategic communications from K-State. I covered K-State sports for the Collegian for four years.