Snyder promotes Andre Coleman as offensive coordinator, Klein and Dickey become co-coordinators

0
151
Then wide receivers coach Andre Coleman intently watches his players as the Wildcats try to mount a 25 point comeback in the fourth quarter of the Valero Alamo Bowl January 2, 2015, in the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. (Parker Robb | The Collegian)

With now-former offensive coordinator Dana Dimel at the University of Texas at El Paso, it was announced Wednesday morning that Andre Coleman will take his place after working as the wide receivers coach for the Kansas State football team.

During Coleman’s playing career, he was a wide receiver at K-State. Later, Coleman played in the NFL for the then-San Diego Chargers, the Seattle Seahawks and the Pittsburgh Steelers in the ’90s before working as a wide receivers coach.

“We are fortunate to have three coaches who have had so much experience in our offense – a total of about 30 years – both past and present,” head football coach Bill Snyder said to K-State Sports. “We’ve been blessed to have so many loyal, caring and effective coaches over the years, and these three exemplify those values. I have been pleased with how well these three have worked together.”

Also announced on Wednesday was that former quarterbacks and offensive line coaches Collin Klein and Charlie Dickey were promoted as co-coordinators.

Most people know Klein for his quarterback career from 2008-2012. He was also a runner-up for the Heisman Trophy in 2012 before tutoring several K-State quarterbacks to victory.

As for Dickey, he has made a huge impact on K-State’s offense, having led K-State linemen to 22 All-Big 12 honors. Dickey entered his 30th year as a coach this past season.

DeAundra Allen
I'm DeAundra Allen, co-editor-in-chief and sports editor at the Collegian. I'm a junior in broadcast journalism and pre-law, with a minor in philosophy. I was born in Brighton, Colorado, home of La Placita and the Bulldogs. I moved to Kansas in 2010, and fell in love with press boxes at a young age. In my spare time, I talk about my pets, sports, and work towards going to law school.