Women’s basketball team will shoot for rebound against Iowa State

0
36

After dropping a road contest to the University of Oklahoma Sooners, the Kansas State women’s basketball team will aim to bounce back with a win at home against the Iowa State Cyclones on Saturday.

K-State is currently 12-10 on the year, 4-7 in conference play. Iowa State is 9-13 overall and 3-8 in the conference.

These two teams played earlier in the year on Jan. 10; K-State came away with a 67-60 victory in Ames, Iowa.

In that game, senior forward Kaylee Page and sophomore forward Peyton Williams recorded double-doubles. Page recorded 13 points and 10 rebounds, and Williams had 15 points and 11 rebounds to go along with five blocked shots. Four Wildcats reached double-digit points in that game.

K-State will have to try and control the glass, as the team is last in the Big 12 in rebounding margin. The Wildcats have been out-rebounded by an average of seven rebounds per game.

Junior guard Kayla Goth continues to lead the team in scoring, she is averaging 16.2 points per game and has a team-high 6.7 assists average, which leads the conference. Her 16.2 points per game is seventh best in the Big 12. Goth also leads the team in steals with 1.9 per game.

Iowa State has lost four of its last five games, including two straight. All of those games though have come against ranked opponents.

After the battle with the Cyclones, K-State will remain in the Little Apple to host the Texas Tech Red Raiders on Feb. 7.

The Wildcats and Cyclones will tip off inside Bramlage Coliseum on Saturday at 7 p.m. The game can be seen online on ESPN3.