Wildcats take on Horned Frogs in final road contest

0
53

The Kansas State men’s basketball team will play its final true road contest of the season on Tuesday night as they take on the TCU Horned Frogs in Fort Worth, Texas.

K-State is coming off an 86-77 loss to the University of Oklahoma on Saturday night after the Sooners had previously lost six straight games. This was the first loss for the K-State within the conference to a team not named West Virginia University, Texas Tech or Kansas, but the Wildcats have still won three of their last four games.

The Wildcats are now 20-9 on the season and 9-7 in Big 12 play, which is fourth in the conference.

The Horned Frogs are playing very well and at a good time of the year. They have won four of their last five games and they are 20-9 overall and 8-8 in Big 12 play.

In many bracket projections, K-State is in the tournament around a 10 seed while TCU is as high as a six seed in some brackets. Both teams have two games left in the season before the Big 12 Championship in Kansas City next week.

Most recently, TCU came up with a big win against Baylor at home on Saturday 82-72, as the Bears try to prove they are a tournament team to the committee.

When the Wildcats and Horned Frogs met up earlier this season in Manhattan, K-State took down TCU 73-68.

K-State fans might remember that game better than others because the Wildcats broke out the “Lucky Lavenders” for that win.

In that game, the Wildcats received a surprise from sophomore Makol Mawien, who had 18 points.

Other K-State players who had good scoring performances were junior Dean Wade with 20, junior Barry Brown provided 16 while sophomore Xavier Sneed ended with 10.

The Horned Frogs have had success without sophomore guard Jaylen Fisher who had knee surgery, cutting his season short.

In the game against K-State on Jan. 20, TCU’s Vladimir Brodziansky had 18 points, while Alex Robinson had 13 for the Horned Frogs. Robinson has stepped in as the go to guy while Fisher has been out and has done a very nice job.

With a win on Tuesday night, K-State would guarantee themselves no worse than a fourth place finish in the conference after being picked eighth in the preseason poll.

The Wildcats are attempting to win their third straight game at TCU and sweep the Horned Frogs for the second time in the past three years.