K-State soccer starts spring season this weekend against Air Force Academy, Oral Roberts

0
54
Sophomore midfielder Ashley Zane chases the ball during the game against West Virginia on Sept. 29, 2017, in the K-State Soccer Stadium. (Nathan Jones | Collegian Media Group)

The Kansas State soccer team will play a doubleheader this Saturday at the K-State Soccer Complex after a fall campaign where several new records were set.

K-State will first play against Air Force Academy starting in the morning at 11:15 and will follow up with the second game against Oral Roberts University that will start the set of the spring season.

In the fall season, K-State ended with six wins, 11 losses and one tied match. Air Force finished their fall season 7-9-3 overall. The last time Air Force won a game was their sixth to last match they played in. Oral Roberts finished their fall campaign with a record of 8-10-1.

The Wildcats’ roster will be made up of 98 percent of the total point scorers from last season and everyone who scored goals last season.

Fall team statistics

K-State was led in scoring by freshmen Brooklynn Entz and Hannah Davis, registering 11 and nine points, respectively. K-State ended their second season in the history of the program with their program high in wins with six.

Their first Big 12 win was on October 6 at Kansas. Entz had the single-season record with five goals. Davis set the season record for assists with five while also being a 2017 Big 12 All-Freshman team selection.

Air Force allowed 48.5 percent of goals shot to be made while only making 43.3 percent of their own attempted shots. They had 17 assists, scoring 17 goals while recording 75 corner kicks.

Oral Roberts scored 26 goals over the course of 19 games. Their last home game was a loss to Denver, 1-0. At home, their record was 6-5-1 while on the road they won only two of six games. They made 41.7 percent of their shots attempted while recording 79 corner kicks.

Highest scorers

For K-State, three players started all 18 games the team played in during the fall season. Senior Megan Kalkofen and senior Haley Sutter each scored a goal and combined for 12 shots on goal.

Air Force had two players start all 19 games they played. Kaitlyn Cook scored four goals, with two assists, while finishing overall with 10 points. Goalie Jennifer Hiddink, who also started every game for Air Force, recorded a save percentage of .828.

Oral Roberts’ roster included two players who scored at least 10 points last season. Jordan Langebartels and Caitlyn Hanslovan scored 12 and 10 points, respectively.

K-State will first kick off the spring season against Air Force at 11:15 a.m. This will be followed by their game against Oral Roberts, scheduled for a 2:15 p.m. start.

This account was generated by Camayak on 2017-09-06, please refer to http://support.camayak.com/connect-your-camayak-account-to-your-existing-wordpress-account/ if you wish to delete it.