What to do this week at K-State: April 30 – May 4

0
93

What: Take Back Our Lives
When: Monday at 6 p.m.
Where: Bosco Plaza

The Kansas State student organization Feminists Igniting Resistance and Empowerment will host its second “Take Back Our Lives” rally Monday. The event protesting sexual violence, racism and intolerance will begin with an open mic rally featuring spoken word artist E. Nina Jay followed by a march through Aggieville.

What: Destresser: Get Your Rear In Gear
When: Thursday at 11 a.m.
Where: Union Courtyard

Take a study break at the Union Programming Council’s latest destresser event. Students in need of a metaphorical kick in the rear to get through their finals can drop by for crafts, snacks, tea and music. The UPC will also provide a fortune teller.

What: Grad Bash
When: Thursday at 4 p.m.
Where: K-State Alumni Center

Students preparing to graduate are invited to celebrate their college careers and prepare for their future as alumni. Administrators and faculty are also welcome to congratulate their departing students. The first 500 attendees will receive a free T-shirt and revel in music, free food and the chance to win door prizes.

What: Cuatro de Mayo
When: Friday at noon
Where: Bosco Plaza

Why celebrate Cinco de Mayo when you can celebrate Cuatro de Mayo? Lounge in Bosco Plaza and enjoy music from K-State’s Latin Jazz Ensemble and Mexican food from Qdoba. In case of rain, the event will be held in the Fireplace Lounge in the Student Union.

Rachel Hogan
Hey, hi, hello! I’m Rachel Hogan, the copy chief for The Collegian. I’m a senior in journalism from Olathe, Kansas. When I’m not at work in the newsroom, I like to spend my time cuddling with my dog, working as a barista and laughing with my friends.