The lowdown on the hoedown: Important info for Country Stampede-goers

0
864
Preparation for the 2018 Kicker Country Stampede began this week for at Tuttle Creek State Park. (Rachel Kamm | Collegian Media Group)

Manhattan’s Kicker Country Stampede will shake the ground at Tuttle Creek State Park once again this weekend. This year’s headliners include Florida Georgia Line, Alabama and Cole Swindell.

Parking lots open at 8 a.m. Thursday through Saturday, while gates open at 1 p.m. for general admission. For those utilizing ridesharing or taxi services, pick up and drop off will be located on the east side of the festival grounds. Drivers are instructed to take the park’s eastern entrance.

Wristbands are not to be removed or tampered with between days, otherwise they will be considered invalid and festival-goers will be required to purchase another ticket.

All bags will be searched upon entry to the festival grounds. Food and beverages will not be permitted to enter the festival. No weapons are permitted on festival grounds.

General admission ticket holders are allowed to bring one lawn chair for seating. Due to concerns for space and comfort, large lounge chairs and blankets are not allowed.

Potable water will be available for free across the festival grounds.

The festival’s silent auction will begin at 1 p.m. Thursday. Live auctions will take place Friday and Saturday from 6:45 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Fans can make bids for vacation packages, meet and greets and autographed items.

For traffic and weather updates during the Stampede, tune into 94.5 Country.

For more information, visit www.countrystampede.com/info/.

Rachel Hogan
Hey, hi, hello! I’m Rachel Hogan, co-editor-in-chief at the Collegian. I’m a senior in journalism from Olathe, Kansas. When I’m not at work in the newsroom, I like to spend my time cuddling with my dog, working as a barista and laughing with my friends.