K-State baseball finishes coaching staff hiring process

0
153
Wildcat baseball players look out from the dugout as the team took on Missouri State University at Tointon Family Stadium on March 13, 2015. (File photo by Evert Nelson | The Collegian)

Kansas State head baseball coach Pete Hughes finished selecting the coaching staff that will stand by his side for the next era of Wildcat baseball. On July 12, Hughes hired Ryan Connolly as the director of baseball operations.

Connolly will be in charge of the recruiting efforts for K-State baseball. He will also manage summer camps and the team’s travel. Shane Conlon and Colin Greaser will remain in the positions of volunteer assistant coach and director of player and program development, respectively.

“Ryan Connolly is a tremendous addition to our program,” Hughes told K-State Sports. “Programs are built with great people and great recruiters. We absolutely have both with Ryan. He will bring Kansas State baseball to the highest levels with the standards he has set organizationally in recruiting and work ethic. More importantly, the type of integrity and loyalty he personifies will be a great example to all of our players on a daily basis.”

Connolly comes from Virginia Tech, where he worked as the director of centralized recruiting and as an assistant coach. He worked under Hughes at the University of Oklahoma as a volunteer assistant coach and recruiting coordinator.

This account was generated by Camayak on 2017-09-06, please refer to http://support.camayak.com/connect-your-camayak-account-to-your-existing-wordpress-account/ if you wish to delete it.