New improvements at Bill Snyder Family Stadium

0
1024
(Parker Robb | Royal Purple)

K-State Athletics has made several new additions to enhance the fan experience on football game days at Bill Snyder Family Stadium this season.

In a video interview with K-State Sports, K-State Athletics Director Gene Taylor emphasized that the fans are the most important aspect of a stadium. Taylor also said it takes a lot to create the best fan experience in the Big 12.

“Our staff does a great job every year of looking at projects to make the stadium and fan experience better,” Taylor said on August 10. “Our fans are the lifeblood of what makes Bill Snyder Family Stadium one of the best atmospheres in college football.”

There were nearly 20 new improvements to the stadium this season, ranging from new concession options to student mobile ticketing.

The newly renovated Peoples State Bank East Club was the biggest project of the offseason, costing nearly 1.5 million dollars.

The East Club has a brand-new look this season and will have updated concessions, bars and other amenities. Taylor compared the upgrades to the West Club, saying both sides mirror each other.

A new beer garden on the Gross Family South Terrace will now be open for all fans, starting two hours before kickoff until the end of the third quarter. The beer garden was previously an exclusive ticketed area, but will now be open to all fans 21 and over.

This summer, there was discussion of having general alcohol sales around the stadium, and with that there was concern of maintaining a family environment at Bill Snyder Family Stadium.

“This is not a step toward general alcohol sales in the stadium, but it does give our fans an opportunity that if they want to come in and have a beverage in a controlled environment, they’ll be able to do that,” Taylor said in the interview.

Other additions will include six new hydration stations around the stadium, a way to earn rewards for concessions and merchandise through an app called Powercat Perks and multiple new concession selections including Chick-fil-A.

Click here for the full list of improvements this season at Bill Snyder Family Stadium.