It’s sunflower season, so here are some of the best places for sunflower selfies

0
640
(Photo illustration by Katelin Woods | Collegian Media Group)

The distinctive yellow blooms of Kansas’ state flowers can make a great photo background.

To snag a sunflower selfie of your own, you have three choices near Manhattan that would make for a great day trip and a great Instagram post afterward.

Britt’s Farm

Britt’s Farm is best known for their fall pumpkin patch, but this is the second year that Britt’s has grown a sunflower field. The field is open early to mid-September, but check out Britt’s Farms on Facebook for the most current information.

Admission is $3 per person and $1 for every sunflower that you take out of the field with you.

Britt’s welcomes photographers and is only about a 15-minute drive from campus. This makes it the best option for a quick afternoon visit.

Sunflower Trails

Sunflower Trails is located just outside of Lindsborg, Kansas. Owned by the Peterson Farm Brothers, this field is newly opened to the public this year.

The drive from campus is about an hour and a half. Sunflower Trails is open Fridays and Saturdays until Sept. 15.

Admission is $2 a person and sunflowers are $2 each.

Though the location is a bit further, exploring nearby Lindsborg and Coronado Heights could make this a potential day trip.

Grinter’s Sunflower Farm

An hour and a half east of Manhattan is Grinter’s Sunflower Farm in Lawrence. Peak blooming is expected a week or two into September.

Admission is free, but you pay a dollar on the honor system for every bloom.

Grinter’s is the most wellknown of the three sunflower fields in the area, so that might make it more packed. But if you are looking for the location that is the best bang for your buck, this is the field for you.

Macy Davis
I'm Macy Davis a former Collegian culture editor and a 2019 graduate in English. When I was not reading and writing (both for class and for fun), I was also a member of the nationally ranked K-State speech team.