Volleyball to host Iowa State Wednesday, looking to end losing streak

0
44
Kylle Zumach (Left), Peyton Williams (Center) and Gloria Mutri (Right) watch as the Longhorns get ready to serve on the September 19th game. (Rowan Jones | Collegian Media Group)

The Kansas State volleyball team returns home to take on Iowa State inside Ahearn Field House on Wednesday.

The Wildcats are 10-6 overall and winless in conference play, but they are 4-2 in front of their home crowd, which is a good sign as they welcome the Cyclones to town.

Iowa State is 8-10 on the season and 3-4 in road tests with one conference win. They will enter the match coming off four consecutive losses.

K-State last played on Oct. 3 in Lubbock, Texas against Texas Tech. The Wildcats took a 2-1 set lead, winning the first and third sets, but ended up falling in five sets for their fifth straight loss.

Iowa State’s last match was against No. 4 Texas, who swept the Cyclones in three straight sets.

Iowa State’s senior middle blocker Grace Lazard led the Cyclones with 11 kills and a .474 hitting percentage. Sophomore Izzy Enna had a career-high 16 digs in her first start at libero for the Cyclones.

The 0-5 record for the Wildcats is the worst start to conference play since 2009 when they began the season with six straight losses.

The match between the Wildcats and the Cyclones is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. on Wednesday. Fans can watch the game for free on kstatesports.com or listen on KMAN radio.

This account was generated by Camayak on 2017-09-06, please refer to http://support.camayak.com/connect-your-camayak-account-to-your-existing-wordpress-account/ if you wish to delete it.