Wet weather pushes KSUnite indoors

0
192
Students gather outside on Anderson lawn during the 2017 KSUnite. This year's event has been pushed inside due to rain in the forecast Tuesday. (George Walker | Collegian Media Group)

It’s shaping up to be a second wet KSUnite, with storms in the forecast for much of Tuesday pushing the KSUnite event into the K-State Student Union Ballroom.

The National Weather Service is forecasting a 90 percent chance of rain Tuesday, with the possibility of heavy storms throughout the day.

The main event is still planned to start at 1:20 p.m., with overflow opportunities in the Union Courtyard. There will be a live stream available as well.

The rain has not affected planned breakout sessions in the morning or the afternoon. Classes are still cancelled after 12:45 p.m., excluding labs.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.